eduf1018 - how do u study 4 the exam (1 Viewer)

jadefist

HSC
hey everyone, i was wondering what methods you guys have come up with to tackle this galioth, i find this subject hardest to study 4 because theres no web ct. should i just study from my lecture notes and the course readings? but seems like its too less. well w8ting 4 ur opinions........

jadefist.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
it's not TOO hard. the content is quite easy to understand, and the exam will be pretty flowy too. Sometimes webct does fuck all lol But in the edfac there's a next to nothing chance that there will EVER be a web component.

I suggest you make headings for each of the lecture topics (ie. curriculum, knowledge, etc) and make important notes from ur lectures/course readings/tutes. Do look at ur readings (as annoying as that is - you sound more intelligent when u can quote from or make reference to).

From memory, Lesley will actually tell you EVERYTHING that's going to be in the exam. The best part about the edfac is they practically hand u the exam paper, so it's easy to prepare for it. Wait til ur last lecture. I recommed going to it!

munchymoocow

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
it's not TOO hard. the content is quite easy to understand, and the exam will be pretty flowy too. Sometimes webct does fuck all lol But in the edfac there's a next to nothing chance that there will EVER be a web component.
EDSE2001 made extensive use of WebCT as I'm sure you're well aware, grk_styl. You know, with part of the assessment being contributions to web discussion groups as well as providing a forum for the students enrolled in the course.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
munchymoocow said:
EDSE2001 made extensive use of WebCT as I'm sure you're well aware, grk_styl. You know, with part of the assessment being contributions to web discussion groups as well as providing a forum for the students enrolled in the course.
I don't do EDSE2001. I'm doing a B Ed/B Arts (psychology) which means I do different subjects to B Ed/Arts or B Ed/Science students.

I was merely suggesting that you won't fail just because EDUF1018 doesn't have a webct component. I was also suggesting that the edfac aren't very technologically apt (which has been validated by every single lecturer and tutor i have had from the Edfac). I'm not out to bag out the edfac lol I'm stating the facts.

J

jhakka

I found this unit very straightforward, and most of it was common sense stuff.

My study consisted of reading through my notes an hour before the exam, and flicking through stuff that looked important in my reader.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
yeah give that a try! it was a whole year ago for some of us so i really can't tell you what was in our exam...plus it will differ from year to year

otherwise, maybe someone you were friendly with during the semester could help you out.

good luck!

emjayel

HSC
N/A
As far as I remember she just said you'll have to respond to one compulsory question plus one other from a selection of #.

I dunno how I'm gonna go writing essay answers in an exam, the only time I can ever string together more than 100 words is at 4am with a jug of coffee coursing through my veins.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I love Ed merely because the exams allow you to bullshit. As long as you are politically correct, ie. use "him/her" and "she/he" when referring to a teacher (men and women can be teachers too! lol)

Did she tell you what the compulsory question was going to be on? Because I think we got told that last year. As much as it sux, just study everything! Like i said, make topic headlines and put the important points and some quotes underneath.

I'm not a brainiac, but I did my EDUF1018 exam last year with concussion and no study and I ended up with a high credit. SO if you make sure you put a little bit of effort into reading your lecture notes (and not falling onto brick walls), then I reckon you guys will be just fine ;)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
tell me about it!

I just completed EDUF3031 - Positive Approaches to Special Education, and we had to keep watching what we said during tutorials and lectures. We had to address a child with a disability as, "a child with sensory impairments" for example, rather than "a deaf or blind child". We did a lot of ummm'ing and ahh'ing during class discussions lol

J

jhakka

grk_styl said:
I love Ed merely because the exams allow you to bullshit. As long as you are politically correct, ie. use "him/her" and "she/he" when referring to a teacher (men and women can be teachers too! lol)

Did she tell you what the compulsory question was going to be on? Because I think we got told that last year. As much as it sux, just study everything! Like i said, make topic headlines and put the important points and some quotes underneath.

I'm not a brainiac, but I did my EDUF1018 exam last year with concussion and no study and I ended up with a high credit. SO if you make sure you put a little bit of effort into reading your lecture notes (and not falling onto brick walls), then I reckon you guys will be just fine ;)
I never even use sex. "The teacher should," "They can," etc.

Oh god, I hate political correctness. If they can't see, they're bind. How hard is that to deal with? Saying it's a sensory impairment doesn't change the fact that your eyes don't work.

emjayel

HSC
N/A
Apparently the compulsory question will be on teachers' knowledge... too broad for my liking, but she obviously couldn't narrow it down too much. She spent almost all of the last lecture talking about it. The other questions to choose from could be anything.

I guess the best thing is to do as grk_styl said and just study a bit of everything.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Teachers' Knowledge...

my memory sucks these days but from what I can remember and common sense tells me that it might include:
- what knowledge should teachers have?
- specific knowledge for secondary teachers towards their major teaching unit
- where do teachers get the knowledge from?
- why do teachers need knowledge?
- professional knowledge: a dr. needs to know about viruses to prescribe a medication to his patient; in the same way, teachers need to know about their subject topic
- knowledge about their students: cultural backgrounds, family life, schooling backgrounds

can't think of much more. hope that helps! :)

jadefist

HSC
thanks people, i haven't been back here in ages and you guys chatted dis much? (positive not negative)

well from wen i started the thread to now, its quite some time...
and i have been studying quite fair bit...
so yeh i fink i shud be fine...
besides the exam, u guys shud calculated ur marks u got already so that u actualli know u only need a bit of the marks from the exam to pass the course...
i calculated it and i figured out i need less than half the marks to pass...

anyways fanx for the tip about lecture topics and point and sources under them they work.....

best of luck to u all... onli days left now....
its one of my last ones....

SO LETS MAKE THE LAST PUNCHES COUNT!

jadefist

AlvinCY

HSC
Haha. EDUF1018 exams are the same every year, so seriously find the past papers to the last few years and you're bound to find a question that is similar.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well, I don't particularly want to start a new thread. So EDUF1018'ers. How are you people finding the essay?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i found an absolute tonne of references. The ones listed in the manual thingo have been quite useful thus far, and the ones I pulled from all over the place are providing adequate backup. I'm gonna have to cut back on a lot of words to get it within 2000 words though. :(

Have you done your presentation yet?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Heh. I've barely considered it. I plan on working on it on wednesday... but I've got 3000 words due this week and that's taking priority atm. Hopefully I'll get some time in on wednesday and friday this week to do some research.

But I have read one book (yay), and thought about how to structure it. I think finding references will be pretty easy. I mean they gave us half of them on the assessment sheet, and ERIC should be useful.

The problem is that relevant books in Fisher have been borrowed and have 5+ requests on them. Yikes. Methinks electronic resources will have to be used to their full potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)