EE2 2007 bitch and procrastination thread (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

So. This thread is for like... bitching. And procrastinating.

In other words, it's the spam thread.

Have fun. Keep it clean-ish. Same rules as the rest of the forum apply.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
well im pissed because i don't have a mentor yet ( my teacher is assigning them and i know who it will be but its not formal and i've never had her before so i can't just approach her) , i've changed my medium twice - back and forth, and i've even come very close to dropping yet am teetering on the brink at the moment. the holidays shall see whether i keep the course.
am waiting for inspiration
meanwhile i have to create an overview for my new major work
fun!
-.-

princy

HSC
The only thing I really have to complain about with my ee2 is the fact that I haven't got nearly as much written as I would like to. Sitting around 2,100 at the moment.

roxanna-l

HSC
ahen: ive changed my medium 4 times.

princy: i havent started.

lol. i think you guys are slightly better off than me. i just keep changing my ideas. so far, 6 times and still doing it. lol, proposal + viva voce= 2 totally different ideas and i dont think i'll be working on any of them.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Oooh cool thread idea.

Im supposed to hand in 'what ive done so far' to my teacher to go over in the holidays. for me, 'what ive done so far consists of about 1500 words. And since im doing a number of short stories, its 1500 words of random segments of three different stories. And i have a habit of writing stories non-chronologically and ive got beginnings and endings of some stories and just the middle of others and its basically just a big undecipherable mess.

And i am still not really sure where im going with it, and i totally regret my decision to do a number of short stories because it means i have to think of lots of ideas and i suck at thinking of ideas! I have a great overall concept through which i intend to link the stories, im just not sure what the stories are gonna be and how im gonna link them.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Best. Thread. Ever.

This will see a lot of action from me, that's for sure.

I'm teetering around the style of short story I want to write.. I don't know if I want to write something staright up or something artsy and different.. My specific subject matter is still a little shaky as well, i'm not entirely sure.

*Insert more bitching*

*Insert more procrastinating*

princesskt

HSC
well im sitting on around 2000 words as well, and its annoying me. My plan is for a full draft by the end of the hols. But I dunno lol.. its annoying coz the other chick doing it, is like ahead and just, really flaunts it.. like yea. i dunno, ill shut up :p

jimmayyy

HSC
good thread! will need a place like this as we get into it

i need to have a first draft done by the second week back (internal assessment) and ive written maybe a couple thousand words

pros so far: im loving the freedom and writing and research because its things im interested in. EDIT: i also love looking back on my stuff and seeing it evolve, seeing ideas change and morph and then sitting back and looking at a peice of writing you are proud of. i also love people liking my stuff, but even more when they criticise it, because it keeps me on my toes. its horrible to hear everyone say its good, i like hearing one person give my writing a totally shit reaction, even it is just for bitching's sake, because it makes me constantly re-evaluate myself and my writing.

cons: i have so much to say but just cant get it out in words. writers block is a bitch. i can sit for hours changing a single sentence or word around at the end of the day im still unhappy with how it reads. i get too caught up in tiny things rather than leaving them for editting. i put something aside thinking im finished with it but then will still change it 39480234 times and end up with it how i originally had it, but still not happy with it.

grrr

overall so far i am both loving it and hating it - something prior candidates have always said to me that i will experience, but i never understood it until now haha

id love to hear any advice and stuff from previous candidates too, im sure everyone would. throw up any ideas, suggestions etc

Last edited:

Oxytocin

HSC
*stretches fingers ready to rant*

Well I'm leaving for overseas tomorrow and I only have like 2000 words of my Major Work done and the first draft is due first day back and I'm not even back by then...so the teacher is giving me an extension so its due on the following week but its still too soon because I won't have a computer and I won't be able to make ANY progress other than research while I'm gone...and I have a damn Viva due in the second week and that will be a pain the butt to get ready a few days after my draft is finished.

And my mentor is being an ass because he is in fact too lazy to read my Major Work unless I throw a hissy fit at him to do so and make comments...
And I don't know how the hell I'll fit in my whole story on 8000 words...I could easily write this as a short novel...I'll have to saturate it so much...
And thesaurus.com is letting me down..I've reused the phrase 'old woman' so many times in one page its getting annoying...and crone and hag just aren't cutting it anymore...

And I'm supposed to be writing my story right now...but I got distracted by this forum when I was checking my e-mail and now I can't stop and half of my first draft is due tomorrow to show the teacher I'm doing work...

What else? Everyone in my class is stressing, making me stressed, because for some reason, when people tell you that 'this subject is ruining my life!' a few times every week...you start to feel the same way.

And I have to start working on illustrations too *cries* How do I do illustrations when I don't even have a story yet? I haven't even decided on a style yet!
*twitches*

I'm going to go write my story now...before I procrastinate any further.

petraawad

HSC
i hyperventilate when i think of my 4unit major ! honestly i do. i havnt written one word. i havnt read through any of the random chapters of books ive photcopied. in short....ive done shit all and i have a viva voce in the first few weeks of next term. who would like to volunteer to be my personal motivator, ill give you free lollies? ive got two other major works due too so ive kinda put 4u on the backburner.........................................KILLL ME !

Oxytocin

HSC
petraawad said:
i hyperventilate when i think of my 4unit major ! honestly i do. i havnt written one word. i havnt read through any of the random chapters of books ive photcopied. in short....ive done shit all and i have a viva voce in the first few weeks of next term. who would like to volunteer to be my personal motivator, ill give you free lollies? ive got two other major works due too so ive kinda put 4u on the backburner.........................................KILLL ME !
Dx join the club! I have to get my Art Major Work under way, this 4Unit nightmare done (I'm going to SO go over the word limit) and then do a music composition and musicology thing T_T...talk about biting off more than I can chew.

But, if its any comfort...I started writing yesterday...and I'm on the seventh page of my first draft...once you get past the beginning it REALLY gets easier...especially for the first draft when you can allow yourself the poor expression and grammar.
So just get a beginning done...the rest should just flow after that.

idling fire

HSC
I haven't done any work on the actual short story, though I've done research on stuff (and submitted a pretty killer proposal :p). For some reason it doesn't bother me that I've done nothing... but that's the part that bothers me... What have I forgotten that would mean I'd be panicking?

ChicShit

HSC
Haven't looked at my story for a month...gee whizz don't even remember what I last wrote :confused:
Exams are just so fun...

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Yeah, i love submitting a proposal that is worth 10 out of 10 and getting 7.
Fuck.

princy

HSC
I have two other major works as well - Society and Culture PIP and my Extension History major work. I got my draft so far back from my teacher today - she likes the way it is going and how I have written it so far. I seem to be the only one in my class (there are 5 of us) with a solid idea, that isn't annoyed with it and is actually working on it. My journal is absolutely huge though. It is getting ridiculous.

Bethi

HSC
I always forget to flipping reflect on everything... that and the fact my mother confiscated my journal for some bizarre parental reason... so far behind the schedule for everything...

HSC
Bethi said:
I always forget to flipping reflect on everything... that and the fact my mother confiscated my journal for some bizarre parental reason... so far behind the schedule for everything...
...your mother confiscated your school book? odd...

well on the topic
: ee2 is a bitch...

the end :)

But its still fun once i get into it

Bethi

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
...your mother confiscated your school book? odd...
Yep... it was a random "you left stuff on your floor and i told you to tidy it so i'm taking it all away"... :confused: i don't get it either!

idling fire

HSC
Bethi said:
Yep... it was a random "you left stuff on your floor and i told you to tidy it so i'm taking it all away"... :confused: i don't get it either!
Lol I've had those. Though most recent was when my mum took the assignment I was working on away because I didn't go to eat dinner when it was ready...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)