EES thoughts (1 Viewer)

joebiden69

HSC
Theres a few crossovers between Geo and EES with the aboriginal stuff but everyone jokes about how stupid it is

destern

HSC
Theres a few crossovers between Geo and EES with the aboriginal stuff but everyone jokes about how stupid it is
i find the atsi stuff is alr but yh there's nice crossovers with geo and ees, especially with the ecosystems topic and like all of the sustainability stuff.

destern

HSC
y’all wtf was that last 8marker question? Analyse two images what

yepImhere

HSC
LITERALLY, omg multiple choice was something else and that last question was so vague I was legit just rambling about random stuff

almostdone2

HSC
did time feel tight for you as well? at least we all found the test the same pretty much

almostdone2

HSC
lmk if you guys dont agree with any, these have been confirmed by my teacher though

safal.regmi

HSC
I agree with most of them except for questions 16, 19 and 20.

Question 16 I had D.

Question 19, The question refers to the geological time, ie, the geological timescale provided to us. It is also provided that photosynthesis began in the late Archean. When referring to the geological timescale, it can be noted that the late Archean is about 2500 Ma BP, and that before this there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere or oceans. This makes up a significant portion of the geological timescale provided to us, so I reckon A and C are eliminated. For this, I ended up choosing option D, as I kinda just eyeballed it, but I know some that chose B.

Question 20, When there is more O-18, it is warmer and vice-versa (in the ocean). This is because the lighter O-16 gets evaporated as it is lighter than O-18. As interglacial refers to warmer temperatures and glacial refers to colder, when there is more O-18 in the oceans, it would refer to an interglacial period. This is why I chose option D, but tbh I'm not too confident.

almostdone2

HSC
i chose D for 19, so im praying we’re right
16 is definitely A. remember the definition of adaption is to simply adopt methods combat the effects of the enhanced ghe, not mitigate/ minimise it. A‘s options all respond to increasing heat but dont reduce emissions or anything of the sort.
also, 20 is B because during a glacial period, O16 is trapped on land in ice, since it has evaporated from the oceans. so anything in the water during a glacial period will have more O18.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)