effect of environment on phenotype (1 Viewer)

bubbixox

HSC
hello,
i have an open ended investigation to do on the dot point "identify data sources and perform a first-hand investigation to demonstrate the effect of environment on phenotype" (by investigating the effect of light on the colour of grass leaves).

has anyone already done this? any suggestions on what i should do?? im not sure whether i should just do: 2 open full sunlight grass areas and 2 completely covered rectangular spaces...or should i introduce another variable and if so how would i have like a half covered area?? (use some type of half transparent material??)

and i was also wondering what the saftey precautions would be??

if anyone could help in anyway it would greatly be appreciated

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
How about Hydrangea plants.
This plants produce flowers, which have colouration dependent on acidity or alkalinity (pH) of the soil in which they are grown
• In soil with acidic pH, pigments are a bright blue
• In soil with alkaline pH, pigments are a pale pink colour

bubbixox

HSC
see that sounds good and i would choose that but our teachers have specified grass probably cause its not widely done, which also means its pretty hard to find research information about it. ive been doing alot of research today and im starting to understand sort of what i have to do and everything i just dont understand how my results are supposed to look. usually with hieight of plants a table has measurement in mm/cm each day
for mine would it be the same but just colour changes (e.g light brown/bright green/ etc??)
thanx for your help btw it really is appreciated

bubbixox

HSC
thank you ibbi00 thats really really really helpful. thank you so so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)