Egyptians find innovative solution to swine flu pandemic - F*cking kill all pigs (1 Viewer)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
dumb cunts, fuck them.

we all know why they are doing it, pigs are haram in Islam, and all the pigs in Egypt are owned by CHRISTIANS
Hey man! I'm Muslim and I own a pig!

We throw shit at it and laugh.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Birds? Yeah (for Bird Flu, not Swine Flu). Pigs? Not so much.
But doesn't this practice fuck up the natural food chain?

I wouldn't have a clue tbh. I ain't a biologist.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
yeah im pretty sure bird flu is not human to human.
afaik it's if you come in contact with infected birds or their shit.

edit: already been stated.
Then why is it relevant that they killed birds last time as you stated in answer to the comment about the muslims wanting to kill all pigs?

Last time they had a good reason. This time, they do not.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But doesn't this practice fuck up the natural food chain?

I wouldn't have a clue tbh. I ain't a biologist.
Well yeah, it kind of does (except they're mainly slaughtering domestic birds - wild birds are too hard to cull, though they're the ones spreading the virus across the continent).

banco55

HSC
Given the quality of Egypt's scientists I'm shocked the Government has done something so pointless.

Lukybear

HSC
Well yeah, it kind of does (except they're mainly slaughtering domestic birds - wild birds are too hard to cull, though they're the ones spreading the virus across the continent).
But that wasnt the fear of the "Bird Flu Pandemic". Wasnt it feared that the virus would transfer to humans and mutate, thus creating a human viral pandemic. Apparently Bird Flu Genes are faster at reproduction.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But that wasnt the fear of the "Bird Flu Pandemic". Wasnt it feared that the virus would transfer to humans and mutate, thus creating a human viral pandemic. Apparently Bird Flu Genes are faster at reproduction.
Well, it sort of did (in a roundabout way). This strain of Swine Flu is a recombination of two strains of swine flu, a bird flu (not The Bird Flu) and an old strain of human flu.

Genomics, Evolution, and Pseudoscience: A tale of two pigs

nisseltaria

HSC
The first human-pig transfer of this strain occurred in Canada the other day.

Shadoww

HSC
I guess this is another score for the muslim world, now I will most likely end up hearing
" pork consumption is evil and here is the proof "
from muslims now..

great.... :rolleyes:

Edit: I love pork! Specially a nice Apracott Pork Roast... mmmmmm

X

xeuyrawp

dumb cunts, fuck them.

we all know why they are doing it, pigs are haram in Islam, and all the pigs in Egypt are owned by CHRISTIANS
Pigs aren't haraam; eating pig-product is.

That being said, even the non-Muslim Egyptians rarely eat pork... I haven't spent much time in the more cosmopolitan areas in Egypt (effectively parts of Alex and Cairo), but I've actually never seen pork sold as food. Even in the high-tourist areas where you can practically get everything (Cairo and Luxor), it's not sold. I believe it's actually banned as a food in most areas the same way that alcohol is.

The Egyptians also seem to dislike pork more than other Islamic countries, which I would say comes from ancient and even Coptic traditions of disliking it. Like if you go to Syria or the UAE, men who are not devout Muslims will eat pork.

300,000 seems like a rather small number, though, so I'd hazard a guess that most of it is as a producer of things outside of food, although I could be completely wrong. I have no idea what pigs can be used for, although I assume there's a biproduct that can be used.

Dogs, on the other hand, are very much haraam, and are usually shooed away from anybody.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
You must be talking about a different egypt.

Dogs haram, since when?

Egypts packed with dogs, no one minds em.

X

xeuyrawp

Dogs haram, since when?
Since before they were put in the Quran as such? :S There's significant evidence that later Pharaonic society turned against dogs. Very clear in the Coptic literature.

Egypts packed with dogs
Yes it's called a pest.

no one minds em.
Yeah... Except for the fact that they never have them as pets, constantly shoo them away, intentionally hurt and kill them, etc etc...?

Edit: Remember as your avatar says, it's the Arab republic of Egypt. With regards to views of dogs they're very Arab, in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Maybe it's because stray dogs are like plague proportions in Egypt and they have no choice but to accept that the dogs are there.

Or stone them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)