Elective Question (1 Viewer)

sideshowtim

HSC
i'm doing a ba and i've enrolled for the core, major and submajor units. having trouble with electives though.

with the elective do we have to choose something outside our key program or can the elective be inside the key program? it's really confusing me.

for example, i think i want to choose 'australian politics' as an elective for this semester, is this possible even though i chose history, politics and philosiphy as my sub-major in the humanities key program?

thanks if you can help.

purplemonkey

HSC
You can do Australian Politics...thats why they're called electives, it doesnt matter whether its part of your major or sub-major...you just have to make sure you fulfill the requirements for a major in second and third year. Example: My major was Asian Studies and sub-major History, Politics and Philosophy, but in first year one of my electives was Everyday Life, which is included in the Social and Cultural Analysis major. I'm not entirely sure how many units have to be taken within a major for you to qualify for it...(I think its 7 units worth??) but if you have questions about electives and stuff, you can email the Head of Program for BA which is Sara Knox...or the BA advisors on your campus (you didnt say which one) but at Bankstown its both Douglas Newton and Sabrina Achilles...other than that just ask on here!! Hope that helps :D

kerfuffle

HSC
I had trouble with my electives, too, 'cause I didn't know what to pick. -_-"
Ended up picking Journalism units for my electives. I picked Writing as Communication for my Autumn semester and Introduction to Journalism for my Spring semester.
sideshowtim said:
i chose history, politics and philosiphy as my sub-major in the humanities key program?
xD I picked that for my sub-major as well. I picked English, Text and Writing as my major. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)