Electrical Engineer Without 3u Maths (1 Viewer)

HypedUpCheese

HSC
So I've dropped 3u maths due to the teacher in place, I don't find it worth it for me to be studying extra hours due to a lazy teacher, anyways. I'm presuming a bridging course will be necessary to continue with 3u maths for engineering regardless of the university. Currently doing
- Economics
- Business studies
- Advanced Maths and English
- Physics
- SOR I

Would it be worth it for me to do a bridging course and then go into uni for engineering or?

Thanks.

Bob Jane

HSC
I've been told bridging courses are a waste of money as what they teach you can easily be self taught.

Just grab a textbook and study the relevant 3U topics in your post HSC break you should be fine :D

Last edited:

HypedUpCheese

HSC
I've been told bridging courses are a waste of money as what they teach you can easily be self taught.

Just grab a textbook and study the relevant 3U courses in your post HSC break you should be fine :D
Oh awesome, thought most unis have it as a prerequisite, I can definitely do my own study post HSC, thank you! Already have the textbook as well.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Be ready for some high level math. Electrical engineering especially involves a LOT of 4u maths.

HypedUpCheese

HSC
Be ready for some high level math. Electrical engineering especially involves a LOT of 4u maths.
I do enjoy math a fair bit, just the teacher was fairly unbearable in my opinion, though I am fairly good in HSIE subjects (economics especially), though nothing in that field strikes me as enjoyable?
Engineering was kind of a way to just go when in doubt.

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
I only did 2u maths in HSC and I am currently studying MATH1A AND 1B which are first year math courses. It's been pretty straight forward in the first year so you should be fine.

HypedUpCheese

HSC
I only did 2u maths in HSC and I am currently studying MATH1A AND 1B which are first year math courses. It's been pretty straight forward in the first year so you should be fine.
Fair enough yeah, would MATH1A and 1B be a maths bridging course or something else? Not too sure how uni works just yet.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Regardless of all the comments so far, I think you should not have dropped 3U, whether or not your teacher is "lazy". Falling back on bridging? I don't myself favour that route. Can you "undrop" your 3U?

HypedUpCheese

HSC
I don't favour that route either, but it would not be beneficial for me, I have external priorities and am fairly time scarce, hence my not being willing to spend that extra time learning what the teacher doesn't teach. I can't undrop it anymore, they are too ahead now.

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
Fair enough yeah, would MATH1A and 1B be a maths bridging course or something else? Not too sure how uni works just yet.
MATH 1A and 1B are the first set of math courses all engineers have to do in their first year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)