Electronics major doest work (1 Viewer)

Tofu.Dull.Full

i was wondering what would happen if my electronic project doest work, would i still get marks for it, my one doest work and i dont know how to fix it. i'll be just handing in a porject that doest work.

MoNNiE

HSC
it would be a problem!
but did youdo continuous documentation thoughtout the year??

aslong as you have ur portfolio detailing the process of creating your project towards the final product youshouldn't be too worried..
i would state within your evaluation how the problem came about... and why thep problem could not be erradicated in time for the final marking..

eg. th wiring within the circuits had all been burnt, and if i tried fixing this problem, it would take a much longer time and there were serveral complicated issues that needed to be delt with??
that's just an example.. it problably is abit dodgy.. but never-the-less it may guild youtowards how and why your project didn't work!

as long as you have your portfolio showing the importent features such as processes, evidence, evaluation etc.. you should get some marks
(i didn't really finish my project but i still scored 89 for it because i documented well)

Tofu.Dull.Full

thanks i so happy hearing this. But did ur project have a case, if so did u construct it or u brought it. Does case/housing count towards the final mark.

thank u

MoNNiE

HSC
i didn't do electronics! i did multimedia..
so i can't really help you in that area.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
cool u did multimedia... im doing it now.. got ne tudy notes that i could get from ya?

MoNNiE

HSC
i have some , but they are no overly helpful..
the best study notes i would say are your assignments they will relate more to your examination, otherwise a good business studies book wouldn't be bad either!
but i'll try dig some notes i might have laying around for you.. but it's not a garentee!

Wilso

Hey mate, well if its not working get it fixed u are allowed to out source... what are u building....

i know from what im building (a robot u might say wow but its worth $2000 so far, and its worth every dollar) and yeah i know some ppl that can fix i, ill even help u...
any problems mate. just email me

mitchellwilson@optushome.com.au

cherrs wilso

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
u can get a sparky to look at it, as long as u document. with the case u can buy as long as it looks swish as, or make it, if u made a high qual box id say ud get higher marks but a bough case presneted the right way should be just as good

MoNNiE

HSC
tech86 said:
what do u mean by out source,where can i get help.
i think he was referring that you are allowed to get outside help :)

Tofu.Dull.Full

Not really, lol, but anyway he doesnt really have time to troubleshoot for me, he just tells me there might be a dry joint and i dont have time to fix it. i just want to pay a pro to fix it for me.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
yerh cheak for obvious probs all ics caps etc, my teacher at singleton high helped us heaps

pennywise

HSC
dude it dosent matter much if your project dosent work. as long as you have the folio or proof of why it dosent work or what you have done to try to fix the problem.
my brothers electronics project a couple years back stopped working , but he had stated what he had done to try to fix it and resulted in high marks.
But i dont have any problems with mine as of yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)