Eliot- Journey of the Magi (1 Viewer)

You live once

HSC
If the question in the exam asks for alienation and isolation, can we write about journey of the magi or is it better to write about another poem. What do you guys recommend?

HSC
100% would write about jotm and potentially the hollow men or prufrock for the second poem

You live once

HSC
100% would write about jotm and potentially the hollow men or prufrock for the second poem
Don't you think it will be better to write about Hollow men or Prufrock since there main theme is about isolation and alienation whereas the main theme in JOTM is spirituality and the impact of religion on an individuals identity

HSC
Don't you think it will be better to write about Hollow men or Prufrock since there main theme is about isolation and alienation whereas the main theme in JOTM is spirituality and the impact of religion on an individuals identity
hmmm yeah good point, but I mean you could still talk about religious isolation/alienation in jotm since it's commensurate w spirituality imo; all semantics really
that one quote about "alien people" or whatever i feel like would be good for this

beetree1

HSC
You can still talk about Journey and say how it shows how one can deviate away from alienation and isolation through the seeking redemption from god. the markers will see that you have a solid understanding of the poems bc you will be providing a nuanced argument.

beetree1

HSC
Hollow men has good quotes for isolation and alienation too, seen through the whole deserted nature of it all and the dehumanisation of the hollow men.

If they give us a question on alienation and isolation we should kneel down to the writers and thank them it is literally the best question ever

You live once

HSC
hmmm yeah good point, but I mean you could still talk about religious isolation/alienation in jotm since it's commensurate w spirituality imo; all semantics really
that one quote about "alien people" or whatever i feel like would be good for this
coz i was thinking writing about love song and hollow men for isolation. Do you think that is fine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)