Elite students exploit bonus points... (1 Viewer)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
georgefren said:
Seriously ... how many "elite students" take these bonus points? It wouldnt be many at all.

Besides, the special provisions shouldnt help anyone.

p.s. gibbo123, i bet i can write faster than you can type :)
lolol that sounds like a challenge

*adorns battle attire*

*i post in asterisks too much*

elliewolfenden

HSC
i go to one of these "elite schools" and noticed a severe rise in "depression", "heightened stress" "anxiety" and my personal favourite ADD. i just found it extremely insensitive when people went around bragging about their provisions in front of people who had legitimate health problems. ohh well.. most of the people that claimed them didnt do all taht well anyway

dp624

HSC
georgefren said:
Seriously ... how many "elite students" take these bonus points? It wouldnt be many at all.

Besides, the special provisions shouldnt help anyone.

p.s. gibbo123, i bet i can write faster than you can type :)
lol man you might be surprised.. i mean look at the herald etc. hmm

spec provs help a lot of ppl, someone who had them got 100

and you must be a damn fast writer

Coull

HSC
well actually I am one of the people who was offered this during my exams because of my handwriting. they actually tried to get me a laptop but it was to neat... anyway I took it up for chem, physics and art I declined it for music (to much trouble playing 2 different tapes) and for some reason I wasn't offered it for English or maths (duuu). that said, I found that by the end of the normal time allotted I had finished the exam and then I did spend the extra minutes (5 per hour if I remember correctly) correcting the points were my writing (which is s***) became scribble that not even I could read. but the fact that I had finished the exam by the allotted time shows that the tests are uncannily accurate. the claims that elite students were using the extra time really only counts towards exams were you have the longer essay questions, basically English and perhaps history and art. I actually declined the extra time in music because I thought it would give me an advantage that I didn’t need (I got 83% which is average for me) but with the sciences, well the extra 15 minute you get doesn’t really help. and you also have to have a history of bad writing in the claim (unless its physical) and give examples, so if someone deliberately made their writing illegible for years before the HSC just to get the extra time, well they would end up losing marks as they have wasted time for all there assessments.
and finally, I don’t know about you but I can type faster than I can write but the downside is that, although the quality of my writing is 10x better, it also takes me 10x longer as I have a tendency to... well basically bullshit more. that’s the reason why I almost always was in the 90% range in my art assessments which were handed in and were, if I say so myself, quite good, if abit over punctuated. were as in adv English which was written, well I was barely passing, not because I didn’t know what I was writing about but because, when I write I generally say nothing... now were was I. oh yes, if your an elite student then 15 minutes extra could help but frankly you actually have to have a problem to get that extra time and, annoyingly, that problem generally takes 5 minutes per hour to fix.
Annoyingly uncanny isn’t it

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
Elite students exploit uni entry scheme - National - smh.com.au

Is this for real? What the hell sweaty palms? And i'm sure a lot of people have messy handwriting when doing their exams, what can be classified as too illegible. Why is this article released now just 9 days away from university offers?
I have that problem, combined with been left handed results in the pages ending up black by the time ive finished an exam

I want to exploit something

jennieTalia

HSC
My handwriting is very messy.
The way to solve it? Writing slower.
But there is no way you will write slower during the HSC.

I wrote fast, allowed my neatness to go down the toilet and voila the UAI I wanted.
Some wrote slow, and let it be neat and everything... and didn't do so well.

dp624

HSC
jennieTalia said:
My handwriting is very messy.
The way to solve it? Writing slower.
But there is no way you will write slower during the HSC.

I wrote fast, allowed my neatness to go down the toilet and voila the UAI I wanted.
Some wrote slow, and let it be neat and everything... and didn't do so well.
I didn't write a top speed
Rather, I cut down the length of my essays
and did well enough in english, so no probs there

dp624

HSC
georgefren said:
cut DOWN the length of your essays?

are you insane?!
mhm
i cut down from ~1.3k to 1050 words, and my marks didn't drop

i think i learnt what was the best to cut out etc =D

georgefren

HSC
lol. is this per hour?

how much is 1050 words anyway? I write about 8ish pages (normal A4, not retarded booklet pages) in an hour. how many words would that be? taking into account slightly larger handwriting than normal.

dp624

HSC
georgefren said:
lol. is this per hour?

how much is 1050 words anyway? I write about 8ish pages (normal A4, not retarded booklet pages) in an hour. how many words would that be? taking into account slightly larger handwriting than normal.
it's in 40 minutes
so about 1.5k per hour

umm, 8A4 pages, not sure. use computer word count?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i do that i think but in less pages cos my writing is tiny and hard to read.

sigh

dp624

HSC
georgefren said:
1500 an hour is pretty impressive actually.
mm, and to think i used to do close to 2k per hour...
there are some really freaky writers at my school, probably practice with weighted pens or something

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
dp624 said:
mm, and to think i used to do close to 2k per hour...
there are some really freaky writers at my school, probably practice with weighted pens or something
HAHA - that reminds me of what i used to do.

Used to have a battery on my pen - but everyone started copying me and I didn't feel like it worked - so I stopped.

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
lol weighted pens that's hectic training
what are you? training for the day writing becomes an olympic sport? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)