Elizabeth Case Study - HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

Simmie

HSC
Look, I don't know if this is too late to help you, but it might help someone else. I'll give you the basic outline, I might do some more later. I'm a bit pushed for time at the moment.

She was born in 1533, to King Henry VII and his second wife. She had an older sister and a younger brother, Mary and Edward. Her mother was beheaded on the 15th May 1536, when Elizabeth was 3. She studied languages from the age of 4.

Keep this in mind: There is a little rhyme that will help you remember King Henry's wives. It goes like this.
Divorced
Beheaded
Died
Divorced
Beheaded
Survived.

It tells what happened to Henry's six wives.

Anyway, Elizabeth was crowned Queen in 1559, and was the last of the Tudor dynasty. She reigned for 45 years, and died in 1603.
She defeated the Spanish Armada.
She established the colonies in North America.
She reigned during Shakespeare's time, and used some of his plays later in life to speak to the people.

Mary did not name Elizabeth successor until 10 days before her death. Elizabeth did not name one until three days before hers (I dunno, it might be useful)
17th November 1558- Mary dies.
15th January 1559 - Elizabeth crowned Queen.

If you need more detail, get in touch :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the case study is not meant to be about elizabeth but about historical interpretations on various aspects of her reign

Simmie

HSC
Yes and no. It is about the historical aspects of her reign, but you still need to know the facts.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i'd say facts can be learnt in about 10 minutes flat. it's more important to focus on historiography. having said that, i'll dig up some of my notes later and post them

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah. these were my "it's 15 mins til the actual freaking exam so CRAM" notes so they are very succinct but once u get the the end of the case study, it should make sense

i have some more random material so PM if you need them. I would concentrate on learning and focussing on stuff at school right in hist ext rather than stockpiling notes though :p it's early days

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
yeah. these were my "it's 15 mins til the actual freaking exam so CRAM" notes so they are very succinct but once u get the the end of the case study, it should make sense

i have some more random material so PM if you need them. I would concentrate on learning and focussing on stuff at school right in hist ext rather than stockpiling notes though :p it's early days
how long did it take you to write them lol? but yeah i have no idea what any of it means as i havent started my case study yet hehe.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
they didnt take long. i just sat with a bunch of photocopies from school and chose random quotes and explained them according to the 3 headings. i did them at the very end after the case study was done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)