Ellie Chronicles : Incurable (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Incurable

John Marsden 2nd book in the "Ellie Chronicles" series is out, bought it today hopefully it's good. For anyone that doesn't know, this is the series that follows "Tomorrow when the war began".

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
Anyone read the next book in the Ellie Chronicles by John Marsden?

I'm a big fan of the Tomorrow series and I like this follow-up series but it's not as good as Tomorrow..

I think this second book was pretty good but ultimately forgettable.. Some good moments, like all John Marsden books, but there were also a few bits that dragged on. It focused mainly on Gavin's backstory which was good (I like Gavin, good character).

Anyway, that is all.. You can pick up the book for about $20 in most bookstores if you're so inclined..
TTFN

Emly

E.T
HSC
wow, when did it come out? ill have to go get it

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
'Incurable' followed 'While I Live' - the first of the 'Ellie Chronicles.' I was a big fan of the Tomorrow series and usually read the books in a few sittings as i couldnt put it down. 'Incurable' did focus largely on gavins character and many issues are unsolved so theres obviously more to come from Marsden. Well done do him, his characterisation is superb with the characters Ellie, Homer, Gavin and Lee in particular drawn very well.
Im guessing number 3 will come out mid-year.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i read it, but i didnt think it was anywhere near as good as the Tomorrow series. the thing that really annoyed me about this book was how he would skip ahead and then go back and explain the events that lead up to it... grrr.... it just really annoyed me. overall it was enjoyable... just not that brilliant. i absolutely adore the Tomorrow series and i was a bit disapointed.

im_bored

HSC
yeah i agree, definitly not brilliant, kinda boring... i found i skipped entire sections just cause nothing was happening... over all though i guess it was good cause you found out a little bout gavin

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
MINOR SPOILER:

I definately noticed a few parts dragging on a bit, like when Gavin fell off the cliff, Ellie climbing down to him and eventually to the bottom of the cliff went over about 12 pages. Good book overall though, but nothing compared to the first series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)