• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eminem is garbage now (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
I rekon its really funny how everyone thats like 'eminem is shit eminem was never good' always concentrates on the joke songs as the SOLE basis of discussion for the pure fact that they havent heard NE OTHER songs by Em, especially ones like "just dont give a fuck" "role model" "still dont give a fuck" "marshall mathers" "the way i am" " criminal" etc... if u wanna criticise, firstly make sure u have heard more than RADIO SONGS....

And if eminem was so "shit" he wouldnt be respected by dre, jay z, nas, rakim, jadakiss etc... all considered legends of the game

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Argonaut said:
Alright, Stan was shit - after all who the hell commits suicide simply because his idol won't write back to him. Surely you'd just stop admiring them?

Cleaning out My Closet also sucked, mostly because of its violent themes.

My uncle's grilfriend thinks he's halfway decent because he explores darker issues and though I agree with her to a point, he'd probably be much more successful if he either A) avoided the darker songs or B) stuck to them.

tru dat, but every song cant be about "fuk bitches, kill my mother" - it would get repetitive and boring.

stan was more about eminem playing 2 roles and being in the psychy of an obsessed fan, apparently based on a tru experience. The reason y i think cleaning out my closet and stan are so great is that he expressed his emotions so strongly thru his lyrics

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
a true artist expresses themselves through their songs and puts a piece of themselves into each word and they show variety in order to keep their current fans and attract more, thus making money...
In my opinion also, Eminem does this quite well..his popularity and success is product of this...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
sweetXinsanity said:
a true artist expresses themselves through their songs and puts a piece of themselves into each word and they show variety in order to keep their current fans and attract more, thus making money...
In my opinion also, Eminem does this quite well..his popularity and success is product of this...
yeah, its just a shame that ppl only base (and judge) his success on radio songs :(

Like "mockingbird" is a really emotional song, yet of course no one acknowledges it coz its not a "poppy" song like just lose it

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Argonaut said:
I guess the reason I despise Eminem is that there's a glut of others just like him, but aren't quite the same - one-hit wonders who become popular out of luck, portraying the music industry as being nothing without them, filling their videos with the same 50-odd girls (all of who look like hookers) as everyone else and sounding the same as everyone else, simply because everyone else did it and made money. Then they're never heard from again.
eminems been in the game since 96..... he sold 18 mill copies thru 1 album.. i dont think hes a one hit wonder

HSC
Argonaut said:
I guess the reason I despise Eminem is that there's a glut of others just like him, but aren't quite the same - one-hit wonders who become popular out of luck, portraying the music industry as being nothing without them, filling their videos with the same 50-odd girls (all of who look like hookers) as everyone else and sounding the same as everyone else, simply because everyone else did it and made money. Then they're never heard from again.

hows he a one-hit wonder you fucking idiot?

lets see

just dont give a fuck - no sexy girls

my name is - no sexy girls

the way i am - no sexy girls

stan - no sexy girls

guilty conscious - no sexy girls

FUCK OFF go listen to his old shit before u start saying 'eminem has always been shit' his old shit proves he is really talented and if you dont see that you dont know anything

ChrisE

HSC
as much as ive dissed some of eminems more recent work, damn he has got some amazing stuff in his back catalogue. in the marshall mathers lp days, he was the best. he was a great storyteller, he performed live so well and his lyrics were clever and hilarious.

is it true that he is getting out of the artists chair for good and into the producers chair from now on? because ive heard varous rumours around the place to that effect

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
ChrisE said:
as much as ive dissed some of eminems more recent work, damn he has got some amazing stuff in his back catalogue. in the marshall mathers lp days, he was the best. he was a great storyteller, he performed live so well and his lyrics were clever and hilarious.

is it true that he is getting out of the artists chair for good and into the producers chair from now on? because ive heard varous rumours around the place to that effect
that rumour has ben going round the net ova and ova. Even tho he is producing, he hasnt given up the solo bit of his career - everyone was like "hes retitiring" but a person of his talent, it would be ashame 2 go out on "encore"

ChrisE

HSC
shady_03 said:
that rumour has ben going round the net ova and ova. Even tho he is producing, he hasnt given up the solo bit of his career - everyone was like "hes retitiring" but a person of his talent, it would be ashame 2 go out on "encore"
thats good to hear because if he did end on encore that would be a bit sad because it wasnt the highest point of his career.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
ChrisE said:
thats good to hear because if he did end on encore that would be a bit sad because it wasnt the highest point of his career.
yeah tru, but there isnt alot 2 write about after 4 albums..

1) slim shady lp - desperation of being an mc, being poor, not being albe 2 provide, gettin no airtime etc
2) marshall maters lp - backlash at all the critics, at all the accusations, being suddenly blowing up etc
3) eminem show - state of america, war on terrorism, price of fame etc
4) encore - beef in rap, racist allegations.....

I dunno wat his next album is goin to be about.... well see

OneManArmy

HSC
shady_03 said:
yeah tru, but there isnt alot 2 write about after 4 albums..

1) slim shady lp - desperation of being an mc, being poor, not being albe 2 provide, gettin no airtime etc
2) marshall maters lp - backlash at all the critics, at all the accusations, being suddenly blowing up etc
3) eminem show - state of america, war on terrorism, price of fame etc
4) encore - beef in rap, racist allegations.....

I dunno wat his next album is goin to be about.... well see
well his next album could be a combination of his Slim Shady persona, his anger as Marshall Mathers and his stuff on Infinite...but that wont happen...you'll get an album better than Encore, but still full of shit...

dza

Large Member
HSC
Illmatic was spot on from the beginning. The Anger Management mixtape sucked, despite the hard work of Clinton Sparks.

Any argument made in defence of Eminem and his lyrical ability falls down because of one thing: the song "Ass like that". Any artist, from any genre, with any musical skill to speak of would run a mile from that disaster.

This song is a direct insult the wider music-appreciating public. Even the lowest common denominator commercial rap fan has some taste.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
dza said:
Illmatic was spot on from the beginning. The Anger Management mixtape sucked, despite the hard work of Clinton Sparks.

Any argument made in defence of Eminem and his lyrical ability falls down because of one thing: the song "Ass like that". Any artist, from any genre, with any musical skill to speak of would run a mile from that disaster.

This song is a direct insult the wider music-appreciating public. Even the lowest common denominator commercial rap fan has some taste.
God it was a joke track u idiot, u obviously are either 1) dumb or 2) haven't heard em's verse on "emulate"

dza

Large Member
HSC
^^^^

1) The real joke is that this song is in the charts, which therefore indicates hard working citizens (or their children) and spent hard earned dollars to purchase it.

2) Why make a "joke track" at the expense of your credibility as an artist?

3) You surely are referring to Stimulate, not Emulate (aren't you supposed to be the fan here?). Emulate is largely irrelevant to this whole issue, and, for the record, is just more incoherent disjointed babble from Eminem about taking his pants off etc. (again, more deep, thought provoking lyrics). Stimulate informs us that we shouldn't take his lyrics so seriously etc. Well duh. My beef with Ass Like That is that its sh!t. Lyrics / beat / video / annoying voice you name it, the whole package is as stale and played out as Eminem himself is proving to be.

OneManArmy

HSC
i wouldnt say Ass Like That is the WORST out in the charts at the moment...that Crazy Frog song is just ridiculous...i can't believe people actually buy shit like that...

HSC
2pac feat elton john - ghetto gospel is considered 'new' by radio, i heard it yesterday lolo

anyway

onemanarmy...proofs retail album has leaked im downloading it now

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
dza said:
^^^^

1) The real joke is that this song is in the charts, which therefore indicates hard working citizens (or their children) and spent hard earned dollars to purchase it.

2) Why make a "joke track" at the expense of your credibility as an artist?

3) You surely are referring to Stimulate, not Emulate (aren't you supposed to be the fan here?). Emulate is largely irrelevant to this whole issue, and, for the record, is just more incoherent disjointed babble from Eminem about taking his pants off etc. (again, more deep, thought provoking lyrics). Stimulate informs us that we shouldn't take his lyrics so seriously etc. Well duh. My beef with Ass Like That is that its sh!t. Lyrics / beat / video / annoying voice you name it, the whole package is as stale and played out as Eminem himself is proving to be.
Ur an idiot, the fukin flow on Emulate was great, alot of fan were saying that it sounds like the old em where he mixes a good flow with good lyrics..

"I stimulate the brain, mimic emulate the sane
Cynics keep on thinkin' its a fuckin' gimick when it ain't
Clinically insane, brain is on Venus, suck Uranus ...."

obviously uve either heard only cd trax, or are just an idoit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)