Emma (1 Viewer)

rr.dun.dun

HSC
Do you think you can get through understanding EMMA properly by reading and revising top notes as well as reading the book or should you write more of your own notes as well?

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
i think that u have to make ur own notes too its important to understand the text and then make some of your own notes to help u memorise and get it in ur head :) thats what our teacher told us and we're doing it now so yeah :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Remember you are studying Emma within a duo of texts in Module A comparative study of text (and transformations) so your knowledge of Emma alone does not have to be awesoma powa.

If you can elaborate on how its values and attitudes are generated by social, historical and personal contexts and how the complex process of transformation highlights these context-generated values, then you are set.

Leave the 'critical study' of Emma for Module B :eek:

konstantine'

HSC
I actually did well in Emma only cause I went tutoring hahaha. Lame.

rr.dun.dun

HSC
i havent finished reading the book yet either. =[. its just so boring which is making it take forever to finish.

Pura

Fond of animals in hats
HSC
Heres my plan...

Get the audio book. listen to it alot :p.

nah i'm still procrastinating in that department. hopefully there will be some threads on Brave new world and Emma in the near future.
Or i may explode...
*brandishes TNT*
I mean it :p

chunnabee

HSC
rr.dun.dun said:
Do you think you can get through understanding EMMA properly by reading and revising top notes as well as reading the book or should you write more of your own notes as well?
we did emma last term...i loved it :D
and since we were doing the emma/clueless comparison, all i did was read emma a few times, memorise some important quotes, and also read chapter summaries off the internet a lot.. and i watched clueless about a million times :p and i got 100% in my assessment. WOO. a nice start, but now we're doing "on giants shoulders" and id rather die ;) haha

freeak

HSC
hey, yeh i just read it and now im doing an assignment! wat is a satirical quote in emma? its pretty much mocking the whole thing hey

rr.dun.dun

HSC
freeak said:
hey, yeh i just read it and now im doing an assignment! wat is a satirical quote in emma? its pretty much mocking the whole thing hey
yeh its pretty much mocking the whole story on emma. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)