Emulators & ROMS (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Anyone know whether we can talk about these?
Where can you find the biggest and best selection of these?

tempco

HSC
apparently you can download roms and delete them after 24 hours legally (only if you own a physical copy of it though). dont ask me about the logic behind this.

sunny

meh.
HSC
That is the same as people who distribute warez saying you must delete it after 24 hours. Personally I think its there to shift blame and make themselves feel better.

asdf

HSC
I dont think its illegal to have an emulator though as long as your not using it to play licensed software.

tempco

HSC
sunny said:
That is the same as people who distribute warez saying you must delete it after 24 hours. Personally I think its there to shift blame and make themselves feel better.
well personally, ive never seen any message like that with warez, but if so... its probably illegal then.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I really couldn't care less about these laws whatever they are. I only follow those that are convenient.

SmileyCam

HSC
Well, if ur talking about gameboy roms, then (removed) has pretty much all of them, and (removed) is the homepage of the best emulator out there at the moment

I know a fair bit about this stuff,
and yes, they say that you are meant to delete the roms after 24h because roms are meant to be "Demos" for you to try out the game before you buy it, they originated by a company that made games, but being realistic, they aren't going to catch you even if they tried

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
SmileyCam said:
What platform do u want?
GBA?
N64?
PS?
etc?

I know a fair bit about this stuff,
and yes, they say that you are meant to delete the roms after 24h because roms are meant to be "Demos" for you to try out the game before you buy it, they originated by a company that made games, but being realistic, they aren't going to catch you even if they tried
Well what are the best places for all the platforms

SmileyCam

HSC
There isn't really a universal site covering all the platforms, the best sites focus on one

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
SmileyCam said:
There isn't really a universal site covering all the platforms, the best sites focus on one
Yeah, i wasnt looking for a universal site, more a list of whats the best and at what

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Is it illegal to have an emulator? No, I have a gba emulator on my laptop :) You can use them for development too.

Is it legal to 'have a rom for 24hrs then delete it'? I have never seen any legislation saying that this is an acceptable practice. Besides, I've heard it said about EVERYTHING (mp3s, software, etc) and it is most certainly not acceptable in those cases except where specified otherwise. :)

Just for the record, you cannot post links to illegal material or information on how to obtain illegal material on BoS. Sunny and MedNez will probably be able to give you more information as to what constitutes illegal material.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
anti said:
Is it illegal to have an emulator? No, I have a gba emulator on my laptop :) You can use them for development too.

Is it legal to 'have a rom for 24hrs then delete it'? I have never seen any legislation saying that this is an acceptable practice. Besides, I've heard it said about EVERYTHING (mp3s, software, etc) and it is most certainly not acceptable in those cases except where specified otherwise. :)

Just for the record, you cannot post links to illegal material or information on how to obtain illegal material on BoS. Sunny and MedNez will probably be able to give you more information as to what constitutes illegal material.
Oh ok, thanks I wasnt sure thats why I asked the question in the first post

blackbunny

HSC
my 22000 roms library has:
n64, gba, nes, snes, atary (and other antique consoles), gbc, gb, arcade, neogeo, mame (11000 roms), lunx or lynx wat ever way u spell it, mega drive, master system, neo geo pocket, gamegear. :D

blackbunny

HSC
sif i wil get it modded. im not promoting piracy not do anything against the rules ;)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Roms are illegal incase you didn't know.

However, here's a board if you want to discuss them: http://www.mxemu.com/forum/

As for where you can get them, I wouldn't know.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
I still have some disks from my Amiga, is it possible to put them in my pc disk drive and find a program/emulator that would be able to run them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)