Encore (1 Viewer)

queeny

HSC
demosthenes said:
Hey I am singing in something similar....the South Coast equivilant Southern Stars.
SOOO much fun! I have been in it for the band for the last 4 years, but thought this year i would give singing a go.
On a similar note (sorry its not in PAU mod.....) but did anyone else get Spec callbacks?
ive heard of southern stars before...about the spec auditions-i didnt try out this year ive just had too much on but ill be in the spec choir with sydney public school singers!!! i got nominated for tdp but im not fussed at all over it-way too much too fuss over, i did audition through for the opera house concerts as an individual item+string orchestra-has anybody got in????

chibi_teazer

HSC
Heyo, sorry to get back onto the Luke Dolantey topic but did anyone else notice how he was in Onstage (the Drama equivalent of Encore) for both his Individual Performance (monologue) and group performance? Whassat about?!

ALSO, I rekkon our year will be the besssst! Rock on '05!

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
timyates_87 said:
moon you dont really need to seek approval on the net do you by hiding your identity.. :rolleyes: im sure you were great. :p
Hey i know heaps of ppl @ the con. Im in SYO so i know a fair few. Do u know a chic on bass called liz?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
chibi_teazer said:
Heyo, sorry to get back onto the Luke Dolantey topic but did anyone else notice how he was in Onstage (the Drama equivalent of Encore) for both his Individual Performance (monologue) and group performance? Whassat about?!

ALSO, I rekkon our year will be the besssst! Rock on '05!

yeah man Luke is like multitalentedness. I still remember when i auditioned for Newtown high he was in my audition workshop for music and you could just sooo tell straight away that he had the um... err.. the X factor... u know what i mean.

Oh by the way guys make sure you get the 2003 Encore CD cos my sexy boyfriends on it. (not Sergei sorry)

HSC
we now have some idea as to your 'undisclosed gender' !. Do you know somone at the Conn on trumpet called Matt Manchester?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
this may seem a ridiculous question...but do drummers play at encore? or get asked to? or are we not musicians? lol

vas y molo

drummers play all the time. :)

I remember in the 2004 encore (well I think it was 2003 students, playing in 2004) they had this drummer andhe had 2 accompanying drummers and one guys sticks kept breaking or flying into the audience :lol:

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
oh sounds awesome. so who gets asked to play? basically the cream of the crop?

HSC
Speaking of sticks breaking. Go and see Virgil Donati play live. HOLY CRAP. His sticks are like, tree trunks. And he snaps them like they are twigs. Bobby Rock plays sticks an inch in diameter. No joke. I think I heard my drummer saying they were a 4H or something to do with an H or a 4. Anyways, I feel sorry for these drummers' drum heads!

rebemol

HSC
petrucci_dude said:
People who get 100 get put on the list. Then they select from that. Is that right?
From what I've heard, I think if you get full marks in at least one of your pieces, you get nominated - so you have to send in a video of the piece/pieces that you get full marks for. Then from the nominations, they pick 20 or so people? i think.. to perform at encore.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
two years ago, taiko drums and electric drums.
three years ago, jazz drums
1998 there were 2 drummers methinks.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
you got to be a super dooper drummer to get full marks...i got top band in my trials but 20/20, thats a bit rich. lol

babywhitto

Yeah i remember the electric drummer dude...he was bloody awesome! And i also remember how the other years drummers sticks flying intothe audience...thats was amazing.

As for Luke Dolahenty and his acting...alot of people thought he was good...he was he was awesome...and the markers agreed coz they put him in there for both...so yeah. I liked it...
did anyone see luke dolahenty singing on the footy show one night...i couldnt believe it. hehe so funny.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
oskarthestudent said:
we now have some idea as to your 'undisclosed gender' !. Do you know somone at the Conn on trumpet called Matt Manchester?
Yeah i do know Matt. He's been doing a bit of conducting for SYO. In actual fact, he conducted a promo thing we did for backyard blitz (you can see this on CH9 Sunday week). Yeah and i lead second violins.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
oskarthestudent said:

i think he did Bmus Ed at the con like aaaaages ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)