End with a bang. (1 Viewer)

C

Crazy Pomo

Wow. It would be incredibly self indulgent of me to suggest that it was my careless posting that started this heated debate, but for the purposes of feeding my ego I'm going to do exactly what I started out hypothesising.

I can totally understand your contempt for Fleepbasdings rationality and rhetoric, but your contempt was obviously reactionary due to your argument's decline worth, credibility and gusto. Fuck anyone who says this discussion is over, I just had a great time reading it, and seeing as I started it, I think it's just that I end it. I'm sort of like a Greek or Shakespearean chorus eh? EH?!

All I can say to Mr "I don't understand stuff" is that you were perfectly entitled to reject the statements, as 'discuss' invites you to do so. It is your right, nay, your priviledge!

The only usefull thing I can contribute at this point is that it was our HSC, as we have all acknowledged. If this is the case, and it is, then surely all persons of decent intellect would understand that a HSC exam is not supposed to be easy, predictable, nor designed as so EVERYONE can go brilliantly in their responses. Isn't that the entire point? It's testing your analysis, comprehension and ability to answer a given statement/question/etc and integrate the knowledge EVERYONE (or most) have learnt throughout the year. BLAH

Pierotte

HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Wow. It would be incredibly self indulgent of me to suggest that it was my careless posting that started this heated debate, but for the purposes of feeding my ego I'm going to do exactly what I started out hypothesising.

I can totally understand your contempt for Fleepbasdings rationality and rhetoric, but your contempt was obviously reactionary due to your argument's decline worth, credibility and gusto. Fuck anyone who says this discussion is over, I just had a great time reading it, and seeing as I started it, I think it's just that I end it. I'm sort of like a Greek or Shakespearean chorus eh? EH?!

All I can say to Mr "I don't understand stuff" is that you were perfectly entitled to reject the statements, as 'discuss' invites you to do so. It is your right, nay, your priviledge!

The only usefull thing I can contribute at this point is that it was our HSC, as we have all acknowledged. If this is the case, and it is, then surely all persons of decent intellect would understand that a HSC exam is not supposed to be easy, predictable, nor designed as so EVERYONE can go brilliantly in their responses. Isn't that the entire point? It's testing your analysis, comprehension and ability to answer a given statement/question/etc and integrate the knowledge EVERYONE (or most) have learnt throughout the year. BLAH
..wheres that damn rolling eyes smiley?

You did not start this...

I did, i started the thread. Its all ME ME ME ME ME!

Me.

And no, that wasn't usefull... you simply point out the obvious. The argument is settled. Oh, and i just want to say, without reigniting the debate (if i can even call it that) that discuss does NOT allow you to reject the statement, AS IF i could go:

"No, Austrlian theatre is not about portaying how characters cope with change... It is infact really about .... " Then start a whole new essay that has nothing to do with the question. Nice one brainiac.

Anywaym you are not allowed to end this thread. Your comments were simply argumentative, low and not progressive in the least... hell i can't even rember what you wrote except for a lame "Yeah, youre going to fail" (or something similar) to another poster.

Tis All :)

Now how to i fix this thread so any future comments aren't able to be added?
I need mod power!

bonniejjj

HSC
"Discuss" does allow you to argue. Disagreeing does not mean going off on a random tangent. It involves exploring (and exposing) the limitations of the question. If your arguments are compelling then it is quite alright to disagree with the statement. I've found it not entirely preferable to wholly agree or disagree with the question; rather I prefer to elaborate on some points, exploring them in different ways, and refute other aspects of the question. A discussion is not an exposition, thus it should present more than one point of view/ side of the "argument." It is also a good idea, as I said before, to expose the limitations of the question.

Well there's my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)