eng advanced small q (1 Viewer)

iflyjl

HSC
hi just wondering do u guys think that nesa will give a specific poem for us to write about in mod b? (I do ts eliot) like e.g. In hollow men, blah blah blah? cuz thats lowkey psyching me out
thankssssss
edit: I know that they can but i'm just wondering if this year in particular ykno? thank u!

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
hi just wondering do u guys think that nesa will give a specific poem for us to write about in mod b? (I do ts eliot) like e.g. In hollow men, blah blah blah? cuz thats lowkey psyching me out
thankssssss
yes they can. Write plans on each poem.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
yes they do that sometimes. I've noticed that the main poems they ask are usually Hollow Men and Journey of the Magi

vishnay

God
HSC
thankssssss
edit: I know that they can but i'm just wondering if this year in particular ykno? thank u!
they definitely could but they would probably not specify just one

they would probably say something like "In your response, make detailed reference to ‘Rhapsody on a Windy Night’ and at least ONE other poem set for study."

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
they definitely could but they would probably not specify just one

they would probably say something like "In your response, make detailed reference to ‘Rhapsody on a Windy Night’ and at least ONE other poem set for study."
ahahhaha i hate rhapsody with a passion

notme123

HSC
do u reckon they could ask for a specific poem in the hsc?
coz for mod A they always have a broad question for all texts right...?
if you check the samples for mod a they can ask with extracts like for hagseed or whatever. for this one it was only a hagseed extract, not shakespeare
i just hope to god they dont ask a poem extract AND a film still. theyve done it in the old syllabus with other comparative studies so i dont think its off the table. im fine with any poem just not 'when i have fears' thats the worst one i swear and its my crappiest paragraph (i have one for each poem)

zizi2003_

HSC
if you check the samples for mod a they can ask with extracts like for hagseed or whatever.
i just hope to god they dont ask a poem extract AND a film still. theyve done it in the old syllabus with other comparative studies so i dont think its off the table. im fine with any poem just not 'when i have fears' thats the worst one i swear and its my crappiest paragraph (i have one for each poem)
noooooo 😭 😭 bruh i dont even have a para on each poem, just quotes and analysis i-😭
i rlly hate eve of st agnes

notme123

HSC
noooooo 😭 😭 bruh i dont even have a para on each poem, just quotes and analysis i-😭
i rlly hate eve of st agnes
eve is decent its like 7 lines long but its a bit contentious and hard to relate to the film

zizi2003_

HSC
eve is decent its like 7 lines long but its a bit contentious and hard to relate to the film
yeah true
the only argument i could come up with is the dichotomous representation of women? idk tho
do u have any themes besides mortality or art/nature/imagination?

notme123

HSC
yeah true
the only argument i could come up with is the dichotomous representation of women? idk tho
do u have any themes besides mortality or art/nature/imagination?
existentialism, class and feminism are my main 3 and they link to the ones you mentioned. ik his poetry has nothing to do with class but you can say his status and illness attracts him to nature and stuff

zizi2003_

HSC
existentialism, class and feminism are my main 3 and they link to the ones you mentioned. ik his poetry has nothing to do with class but you can say his status and illness attracts him to nature and stuff
omg legit i had the perfect argument for class +craft in the film but i couldnt link it to the poetry at all - just his context
what poems did u specifically use for class?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)