Eng Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

Jezzabelle

hey ummm....

my teacher, friends and I were expecting 40s.... my exam mark was 29!!!! WTF happened?!!

anyone else in shock over their major work mark?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I got 48 for my documentary!! Take that Monkey Butler you stupid shit - give me feedback incredibly negative with no positive criticism at all!!

...Also, yes I'm incredibly surprised my friend's film got 36 external - he ended up with 41 - i thought he's was as good if not better than mine. That was very confusing and I totally disagree with that mark. A girl in our school got 45 for her movie when she did the HSC and his was infintely better - and just last year we saw a fellow student's film that got in the 30s and it was the most shoddiest piece of shit I've ever seen. So definately something is up. What's the possibilities for him? Would appeals or anything help? BTW, this guy is an incredible film maker and all his marks were band 6 or high band 5. Strange indeed.

But yes.. I'm very happy with my mark! All that hard work has paid off. Obviously a 49 or 50 would've been great - but 48 is brilliant!

Jezzabelle

gemita said:
No...I was thrilled with my mark. If it's hugely different to your assessment mark you could possibly appeal. Check how everyone else in your class went.
my assessment was 40, i was ranked 1st. my exam mark was 29. big difference i think

turbosherri

I got 50 for my MW.
I was shocked.
I read it over a few weeks ago and cringed to Neverland.
but I'm thrilled. I guess it was what I was secretly hoping for the whole year.

Lallie

i got 49 and im still in shock. im so sure they've made a mistake cos i didn't think my major work was that good.
i went pretty shite in ex 1 though [34] so i guess it all equals out in the end

spiny norman

HSC
I did utterly terrible, and am currently considering an appeal. There is no reason as to why my mark should be that bad. Absolutely none.

Jezzabelle

spiny norman said:
I did utterly terrible, and am currently considering an appeal. There is no reason as to why my mark should be that bad. Absolutely none.
ditto, i rang up the advice line and they said they only remark for clerical errors, they wont look at your work again ? :(

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I got 49 for my major work, 48 for assessment (HSC mark of 49). This is a good day to be alive, I never thought that I'd get so near 50. Praise God! :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
From my experience in the past, Extension English 2 marking is always extremely dodgy.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
There are som huge inconsistencies with marks - people that thought they were going to do well getting much less than expected and MW's which aren't that great scoring high 40's....

Its such a subjective thing its hard to mark I suppose.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I got 48 and was expecting mid 30s even though I got 48 for assessment as well. I figured thay assessment mark was only cos im good at PRETENDING that ive done work.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Last year I got a mark that was significantly below what I was expecting, and what my teacher was expecting... it also didn't really line up with what my classmates got as well. Maybe your teacher can try and make some form of protest to the Board... I think mine tried but it didn't really happen.

EE2 marking can be very subjective and erratic.

Congratulations to you all on your marks though.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i got 49 for my external and 44 for my assessment mark.
I am annoyed at my teacher...
But thank god for the examiners, my overall was 48!!!
YAY!

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
internal 38/50 cause my teacher marked really hard and i didnt really try
but my external was 41/50 . man i was so stoked.

iwishiwassmart

i got 49!!! i put in quite a bit of work but still cant believe it, thanks god i never got around to dropping it!

persephone

HSC
i got 44. i'm a bit annoyed, just one away from an e4. and ext eng 2 is the only subject i actually tried in. it is subjective and is probably very difficult to mark, so it really annoys me... my assessment was 46 and my exam was 42. i really wanted 45 at least....

J

jhakka

jezzabelle86 said:
hey ummm....

my teacher, friends and I were expecting 40s.... my exam mark was 29!!!! WTF happened?!!

anyone else in shock over their major work mark?
Exact thing happened to me. I'm applying for a recheck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)