Engineering And Maths (1 Viewer)

thebigticket

HSC
Im choosing what i want to study and i was wondering what maths do engineers do in their course , so far for my hsc i have scored high in science subjects , english and ipt but my math skills are a bit low

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Engineering, depending on which you do, uses a fair bit of mathematics.

morts

HSC
applied maths best maths

become a plumber mang get your hands dirty engineers think they're top shit telling us what to do but we know we better than them

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Im choosing what i want to study and i was wondering what maths do engineers do in their course , so far for my hsc i have scored high in science subjects , english and ipt but my math skills are a bit low
average 3 unit student or high acheiving 2 unit student is good enough

BlackKlavier

HSC
yea if you were decent at 3u or got high band 5 or band 6 in 2u you should be fine.
prepare for loads of Calculus in 1st year (I'm 1st year Mechatronics at USYD) it's pretty hectic. 1 sem of Differential and 1 sem of Integral.
+statistics +linear algebra.
you will be introduced to concepts that 4u students have already seen but as far as people say "OMG they cover all of 4u in like 1 week. you'll be so screwed for math"
they can take a hike. don't worry too much about it. if you're having trouble at uni there are help services from the math department.
either way you should try to make sure that you at least score in the aforementioned range.

If (over the summer) you would like to get a feel for certain 1st year subjects without having to do the annoying and expensive bridging course feel free to leave me a message. Currently I tutor high school engineering studies but i'm happy to extend that to university engineering in the year(s) below me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)