Engineering At UTS (1 Viewer)

josh_blick

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm thinking about doing mechanical engineering next year.
Not sure which Uni but UTS is an option.... I have been told the campus life is nothing compared to UNSW and that the engineering courses arn't as good either.

Some opinions on whether this is true and some general opinions on UTS, UNSW and engineering would be appreciated :))

micuzzo

HSC
UTS is a great uni and will soon become one of Australia's best in engineering. Don't listen to what people say about UNSW, sure it has a nicer campus but imo UTS engo is the best there is. It is also very practical and interactive especially for mechanical. I also feel that engo at UTS could have a greater study load than other uni's; our lectures and tutes go for 3hours each.

It all depends on how u feel about the campus, UNSW was my first choice but I am sooo happy I went to UTS instead much better in general.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS is a good uni, better for the Business/IT side of things but engineering is also good, and yes the campus life probably isn't that great, I mean there isn't much of a "Campus" for UTS but because of their highly practical approach in all courses, it makes the course worth it.

Overall UTS is a decent uni, and in the end it wont really matter whether you went to UTS or UNSW, just have the degree, gain some part time experience on the way and you'll be set.

R3M

HSC
haha "campus life is nothing compared to UNSW" ?
spend a day at each of them and you'll see how much better UTS is.

and at the end of the day, each university teaches the exact same thing.
It's like someone doing Aeronautical Engineering at UWS and the other doing it at UNSW. Exact same thing in the end of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)