Engineering Commerce (1 Viewer)

shanks27

HSC
i am looking to do engineering/commerce next year at UNSW, the main reason i am doing the commerce degree is for the assistance it gives in later careers, moving up the management chain etc.

however I don't do business studies, eco's, etc, will this be a problem when doing the commerce degree?

i have a brother who did comm/law, a dad who is an accountant and a sister and bro in law who both did business, so they can help, but am i at a major disadvantage not doing any business subjects for my HSC?

any advice would be great

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
shanks27 said:
i am looking to do engineering/commerce next year at UNSW, the main reason i am doing the commerce degree is for the assistance it gives in later careers, moving up the management chain etc.

however I don't do business studies, eco's, etc, will this be a problem when doing the commerce degree?

i have a brother who did comm/law, a dad who is an accountant and a sister and bro in law who both did business, so they can help, but am i at a major disadvantage not doing any business subjects for my HSC?

any advice would be great
lulz

No disadvantage.

billeh

HSC
I'm in my 3rd year of Civil Engineering/Commerce
compared to engineering, commerce is just a toy degree and relative easy i reckon (depends what ur good at and what ur majoring).

I didn't do any business or economics in high school, but in 1st year commerce, they go through all the basics in economics.

The main drawback with this degree is its 5.5 years ~ 6 years basically!!

Thats the main thing ppl doing this degree complain about, its duration..

and its even longer if u fail, and A LOT of engineering students fail at least one subject becuz its so hard..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)