Engineering or Pharmacy? (1 Viewer)

SlimiJay

HSC
hey guys
I'm currently in year 12 and just finished all my trials. UAC applications have opened and i want to apply.
However i don't know what to do
my parents want me to do Pharmacy so much but i don't really want to because i see it as a lot of theory and idk how maths based it is
on the other hand i want to do engineering i have a passion for maths i love maths and i know engineering is a shit load of maths and even challenging maths but i like maths
can anyone help me decide or something like can someone tell me if pharmacy has a lot of maths or just all chemical equations and all that

thank you in advance

Loudvicuna

HSC
Do what you want to do. My guess is that you are from an Arab family who are pressuring you to live out their lives. At the end of the day its your choice and your life, goodluck.

StudyToDeath

HSC
I worked in a pharmacy.
It is a 9 till 6 job, you stand all day and continually make scripts up. It's busy and demanding. And from my experience it's often under staffed.
If there is an error with the script you are liable for your mistake. Handing out the wrong medication can cost someone's life. Not joking.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
But why are the grad stats for pharmacy really good? E.g. the percentage of full-time employed pharmacy grads is like 90%, while engineering is much lower at around 70% (off my head).
Are those full time jobs in their field or any full time jobs? Wouldn't be surprised if some are in retail etc. Engineering is a significantly broader degree with better opportunities across the board. Given that you are interested in it, fairly sure your parents will understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)