engineering student UAI 71help (1 Viewer)

ali2

ali2
HSC
I hAve a student who wanted engineering at UNSW and doesnt have the UAI.What's the cut off for UTS?UWS?Bonus points?He's devestated!He did Chem and Physics and 2U math alison

ali2

ali2
HSC
what r the cutoffs for UTS/UOW/UWS engineering?

HSC
what type of engineering?

definitely apply for uow, they usually take so many people in under the cutoff.

HSC
What are the chances of the uni taking you if you only did general maths, but are enroling in bridging courses??

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
If your uai is above the cut off the chance is 100%. if you're below the cutoff by a significant amount and you only did general math, I'd say it's not very good.

chaithu

HSC
there r bonus points in most of the universities...;)

chaithu

HSC
which uni is the best ..i heard that unversity of newcastle is the top university
is that true:confused: ..

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
chaithu said:
which uni is the best ..i heard that unversity of newcastle is the top university
is that true:confused: ..
Its gettin pretty sweet. :D

loser101

HSC
ali2 said:
I hAve a student who wanted engineering at UNSW and doesnt have the UAI.What's the cut off for UTS?UWS?Bonus points?He's devestated!He did Chem and Physics and 2U math alison
do him a favour, if he can only acheive 71 UAI, he wont pass an engineering course.

people need reality check, not everyone is cut out to goto university

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
loser101 said:
do him a favour, if he can only acheive 71 UAI, he wont pass an engineering course.

Huh, maybe you shouldn't be here. I know friends with 60 uai that got into comp sci (difficult course) and are getting credits and distinctions. Also im pretty sure it was Musk that once posted that statistically students with lower uai end up achieving higher at uni then those with higher uai.

loser101

HSC
u know u know. lol

thats why they have minimum entry for fun. e.g advance science they wont let anyone under 90 in.

no they do that for fun dont they?

lol maybe coz the person who got UAI of 60 went to UTS which is a glorified tafe institute.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
loser101 said:
u know u know. lol

thats why they have minimum entry for fun. e.g advance science they wont let anyone under 90 in.

no they do that for fun dont they?

lol maybe coz the person who got UAI of 60 went to UTS which is a glorified tafe institute.
They have advance courses for students who are good at there studies. Yes u will need the 90 uai but advance courses (eg. b.science advance) requires students to gain a certain mark each semester inorder to continue in the advance course. If they dont they will drop to the normal course (eg. b.science).

I reckon you should stop talking about things u dont know. UTS is not a tafe nor will it ever be considered a tafe, its a university. Also people who get 60 uai's have marks in the 70's range, which doesnt seem bad at all. UAI is just a rank!!

Also what do you study?? you know so much

Last edited:

loser101

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
They have advance courses for students who are good at there studies. Yes u will need the 90 uai but advance courses (eg. b.science advance) requires students to gain a certain mark each semester inorder to continue in the advance course. If they dont they will drop to the normal course (eg. b.science).

I reckon you should stop talking about things u dont know. UTS is not a tafe nor will it ever be considered a tafe, its a university. Also people who get 60 uai's have marks in the 70's range, which doesnt seem bad at all. UAI is just a rank!!

Also what do you study?? you know so much
check out UTS's history. it was a technical college when it started out. then became a university. :eek:

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
[
Musk said:
do me a favour, get cancer at the throat and the fingers so we dont have to see and hear such bullshit ever again

I know 3 smart arses who got 89-92 uai and got thrown out

I know one kid who got 66 uai and is on the deans list

I bet you have never done engineering so stfu and gtfo

When you think you hear stupid shit, this cunt deserves a chocolate covered with Potassium Cyanide

EDIT:

QFT
+1

About 5% of people who don't perform very well in the HSC end up performing quite well at uni, thats one of the reasons UNSW brought out the HSC plus scheme.

edit: quoted the wrong person :rofl:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
loser101 said:

the UAI pretty much means piss all as a means of determining uni success

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hmm, yeah, engineering UAIs doesn't really cut it.

It basically depends on your interest. If you're interested and try, you will do well. If you're not and don't care (in it for the money), you'll drop out for a B Com. It's hard and you'll wonder wtf you're doing in a mechanics class when you could be elsewhere.

(Assuming your interest means you're good at maths too).

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
It is completely possible to ace maths and physics, which are fundamental subjects for engineering however not be as strong in the ridiculous subjects like english and humanities which will get you a UAI of 71 or maybe he just bombed the HSC due to stress.

Saying he doesn't deserve to go to uni is ignorant of you, looking down on people like that is equally as conceited and ignorant, doing well in uni is based on hard work people who get good uais then decide that they want to party while doing a top tier course like engo will fail while people who didnt perform as well will try harder do well and get a better job than you.

So the next time, before you open your mouth think about what you are going to say, then realise you are an idiot and don't deserve life.

sinist4

HSC
doink said:
It is completely possible to ace maths and physics, which are fundamental subjects for engineering however not be as strong in the ridiculous subjects like english and humanities which will get you a UAI of 71 or maybe he just bombed the HSC due to stress.

Saying he doesn't deserve to go to uni is ignorant of you, looking down on people like that is equally as conceited and ignorant, doing well in uni is based on hard work people who get good uais then decide that they want to party while doing a top tier course like engo will fail while people who didnt perform as well will try harder do well and get a better job than you.

So the next time, before you open your mouth think about what you are going to say, then realise you are an idiot and don't deserve life.

nicely said mate!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)