Engineering (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
hey guys, im in yr 12 and im planning on studying at engineering.

Now, the uni is decided to be either unsw, usyd or uts. although,

i seem to have changed my mind coz i dont want to waste hours a day travelling to uni and back.

So, ive come to a descision of going to UWS, as it is way way closer and requires less than 1 hour to travel back and forth, maybe even half an hour.

yeh, what id like to know is, is there that much of a difference between the 1st 3 uni's i stated and UWS...

like, is it all the same? finish ur course, and go get a job in engineering? or are there advantages for going to UNSW...

ive heard heaps that 99% of ppl get employed in engineering within thier 1st year, as the demand is high...

thanks ! :D

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
syriangabsta said:
hey guys, im in yr 12 and im planning on studying at engineering.

Now, the uni is decided to be either unsw, usyd or uts. although,

i seem to have changed my mind coz i dont want to waste hours a day travelling to uni and back.

So, ive come to a descision of going to UWS, as it is way way closer and requires less than 1 hour to travel back and forth, maybe even half an hour.

yeh, what id like to know is, is there that much of a difference between the 1st 3 uni's i stated and UWS...

like, is it all the same? finish ur course, and go get a job in engineering? or are there advantages for going to UNSW...

ive heard heaps that 99% of ppl get employed in engineering within thier 1st year, as the demand is high...

thanks ! :D
maybe

undalay

HSC
i heard uws is really really shit for engineering just wat i heard

3unitz

HSC
N/A
in terms of employment, from what ive heard it doesnt really matter which uni because of the high demand. so i doubt you'll have trouble finding a job because you 'only' graduated from UWS with an accredited engineering degree. although i dont have any stats to support that. perhaps email the UWS engineering faculty for more (bias?) information on graduates if you're concerned, but if it saves time and money i personally wouldnt even bother asking. i couldnt imagine doing anything more than 30 min of travel, it makes the day all the more longer and tiring

for what its worth, i know my daddy's company had to get engineers from overseas, and he said they dont care which uni you're from as long as you have an accredited engineering degree.

Last edited:

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
depends on what major you wanna do
im leaning towards civil...

/hmm

3unitz post really appealed to me, its exactly what i had in thought..

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
oh and besides, say if everything does screw up, and uws is like totally crap and no one gets employed from there....

i can just transfer to unsw or something can't i? lol

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
yeah u can. i know quite a hand full of students who did tranfer from UWS to UNSW after first year. i think most have an average GPA of 5.5. i think.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
well then, there's nothing to worry about! i guess ishould just do my best for the hsc and hope to get into uws at the very least :)

doink

Clone
HSC
uws is fine it gives you the same skills some1 from any other uni would have.

erm

HSC
bigboyjames said:
i think most have an average GPA of 5.5. i think.
Isn't that really hard to get? (esp. in engineering)

M@ster P

HSC
syriangabsta said:
well then, there's nothing to worry about! i guess ishould just do my best for the hsc and hope to get into uws at the very least :)
To get into uws civil engineering you need 68 uai, so its quite low.

3unitz

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
awesome first yr monkey
USYD is clearly better than UTS when it comes to civil. you just dont like to think about how you wasted 3 years at UTS so you resort to calling people monkeys. well i got news for you mate: you're the monkey, and a bias one at that. :lol:

jannny

HSC
3unitz said:
USYD is clearly better than UTS when it comes to civil. you just dont like to think about how you wasted 3 years at UTS so you resort to calling people monkeys. well i got news for you mate: you're the monkey, and a bias one at that. :lol:
hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)