English Advance Help!!! ASAP (1 Viewer)

kijun22

HSC
I have an English assessment task due on 7/Apr/08. I have to write a feature article using 3 sources which i've done it class
Can anyone teach me how to write a feature article?

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Use first person and structure it likes this, the same format u see in the newspapers.

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------

Not like this normal essay format

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You could just Google it. There's about 3.5 million sites that teach you how to write feature articles.

The Hippy

HSC
Good luck, we also had to do the same crap in advanced english. Im happy its over and done with.

bored of sc

HSC
Feature articles are a combination of fact and opinion - bias facts if you wish.

You should get all the facts exact and then add your educated opinion to it.

You use often emotive, persuasive and heart-felt words in the piece of writing. The best way to do this effectively is to get a strong opinion for or against the issue(s)/topic(s). Then you can speak your mind more.

Also, they usually follow introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion. In the introduction you leave people wanting to read on - leave it kind of unfinished and don't reveal too much in the intro but ENOUGH (be sure to state all the general comments and facts) and make the issue seem interesting to them and revelant to the reader(s).

In the body paragraphs explain (notice I haven't said discuss as you should go for a more one-sided, subjective response with inrefuttable evidence provided from objective sources) you issue in detail trying to cover every argument on your 'side' of the issue. Be sure to include statisitics, personal quotes and any other primary/secondary sources in these paragraphs to inform your opinion and give your feature article a larger degree of credibility.

In the conclusion, try to CONVINCE the responder that what you have just composed is TRUE or at the least a very important viewpoint in the issue you have chosen. In the conclusion, try to give it that perfect cadence, finished feel.

If anyone wants to prove me wrong in some/all of what I have just said, feel free.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jonnyng9 said:
Hi,
My highest marks were ostensibly in the area of English and i'm thinking about setting up a few holiday classes during the Term 1 break (14-25 April).

The courses will ONLY be beneficial to those who are or are going to study Inner Journeys, King Lear, Blade Runner/Brave New World, and Frontline.

The cost will be $30/hour and will be held in the Auburn region.

No materials will be required of you - i will provide you all the materials i used in my HSC.
This is not a tutoring thread....

I just did my feature article assessment I got pretty high marks. The advice I was given my teacher was to write my essay first and alter the format so that it is like a feature article.

First write the essay related to the task and then change the format by using first person and occasionally second person. Include a title that can attract the viewers. For my task, my title was "How journey itself is a reward, reports Namu Lyoo". My task was about journey and the benefits involved in it.

Second, I simply wrote some catching phrase in the first paragraph that can start my feature article nice and easy like ""Journey is the reward" is the way I would like to view the world. Too often, we are so worried about getting somewhere in life that we fail the see the beauty in the world passing us by. The destination may be the goal but the journey is the reward." If you want me to send you my feature article to let you see how you write it, I will be glad to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)