English advanced and standard english =S (1 Viewer)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Why choose english advance over standard english if they both have same scaling?

I dislike english but still manage to get the top marks.
So would it be plausible to end up with a high uai (99+) without choosing english advance? (If so I might choose standard english in year 11)

:D

kawaiinlove

HSC
because it is easier to get a band 6 in advanced than it is in standard

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
if your capable of english advanced, then do it since not many people get band 6's in standard

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to swap advanced english for standard if im not able to cope with it?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Both standard english and advanced english scale the same, but it much, much, much, much, much harder to get the same aligned mark in advanced when compared to standard - only a few people in the state get a band 6 for standard.

Therefore, if you are able to get top english marks as you say you are, do advanced english. There isn't much difference between the 2 courses besides the fact Shakespeare in advanced and the texts studied.

And yes, you can drop down to standard if you are unable to cope with advanced but you cannot do it the other way around. So, at least try advanced english first.

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
100% agreed with annabackwards.

Another thing I want to add: It is possible to get 99+ with standard.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
100% agreed with annabackwards.

Another thing I want to add: It is possible to get 99+ with standard.
I don't know, but this guy at our school got a 97 UAI and he did english standard, along with low scaling subjects such as art and PDHPE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)