English (Advanced) Trial Results (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i got 93/105 all up, 40/45 for paper1 and 53/60 for paper 2

mishka

HSC
N/A
we should be getting ours, along with the last assessment (which was worth 35% thank you very much!) on Monday. I don't really wanna know... the AOS exam didn't even count for us cos English only had another 15% of HSC assessment marks left!! We had to sit through the exam for nothing... but I guess it was good practice! i'll let you know how i went if it's good enough!!! :)

Hoplite

HSC
I got the same as Supra - 93/105

39/45 for AOS and 54/60 for the Modules test.

G

Gavvvvvin

I got 55% for modules, which was surprisingly, the highest mark for that section. Lowsy school.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
awesome results!!! Could you give us any tips? How did you manage time? Did you FULL prepare? Awesome results!!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Thank u 04er...i i studied for AOS the weekend b4, i had notes fully written out for each text, plans for synthesising, creative writing scenarios (dependent on text type)...for the paper 2 exam, i prepared on tuesay night, i had notes on module a and c beforehand, just on the set text (2 trials for justice game) plus related material...module b- i STARTED my notes that night on critical interpretations, crammed that 3 in the morning i ended up getting 20 for that section which was a massive fluke, but neway, the hsc is gonna b much easier than cssa trial, yall already got notes, then jus read em, know em inside out and ull b set...good luck and btw, if u dont know ur shit jus fudge it, i know sum1 who didnt even read Brave New World and she still got 10/20 for that section and she only wrote a page

wildtiger

HSC
40 for AoS
58 for Modules

Do you guys reckon some schools would mark easier/harder than others? I reckon these numbers are pretty meaningless coz teachers tend to be subjective and their marking 'harshness' differs from school to school. Can anyone be bothered to type up their trial essays to set standards?

04er

HSC
zhongie said:
I got 101/105...
43.5 for AoS
57.5 for Modules.
:O how the heck..... lol.... that's amazing!! Which school you go to zhongie?

04er

HSC
Supra said:
Thank u 04er...i i studied for AOS the weekend b4, i had notes fully written out for each text, plans for synthesising, creative writing scenarios (dependent on text type)...for the paper 2 exam, i prepared on tuesay night, i had notes on module a and c beforehand, just on the set text (2 trials for justice game) plus related material...module b- i STARTED my notes that night on critical interpretations, crammed that 3 in the morning i ended up getting 20 for that section which was a massive fluke, but neway, the hsc is gonna b much easier than cssa trial, yall already got notes, then jus read em, know em inside out and ull b set...good luck and btw, if u dont know ur shit jus fudge it, i know sum1 who didnt even read Brave New World and she still got 10/20 for that section and she only wrote a page
Ditto... basically have prepared responses and adjust them as required within the exam and you should be set!

zhongie

HSC
I go to MLC.
Lost marks on language and Telling the Truth, partly because I totally forgot the name of the character in my supplementary text...but hey.

04er

HSC
zhongie said:
I go to MLC.
Lost marks on language and Telling the Truth, partly because I totally forgot the name of the character in my supplementary text...but hey.
That's a bit harsh...

Last edited:

zhongie

HSC
Yeah, well...

Who can't be happy about getting a mark like that?

gobblemuncher

I only got 64% for my trial... beforehand our teacher taught us stuff about the texts.. but when she marked the papers she said that all the stuff she had taught us was wrong and we should have known better.

i really dont think that is fair..

she didn't have to stuff us up so bad.. even the chick who usually gets like 90% + in EVERY exam only got 69%...

anyways.. we are having a bitch about it to the principal and see if he can do anything about it...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
gobblemuncher said:
I only got 64% for my trial... beforehand our teacher taught us stuff about the texts.. but when she marked the papers she said that all the stuff she had taught us was wrong and we should have known better.

i really dont think that is fair..

she didn't have to stuff us up so bad.. even the chick who usually gets like 90% + in EVERY exam only got 69%...

anyways.. we are having a bitch about it to the principal and see if he can do anything about it...
That sucks!

chickenntaters

Wow, congrats to everyone - expecially zhongie! Anyway i think i came 2nd in my class, with 82.5/105. Not that great compared to you all i know, but i'm more than happy with it. AOS - 35.5, Modules - 47/60

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)