English Advanced VS English Standard (1 Viewer)

theonly1

HSC
Currently I am deciding whether or not I should drop down to standard English. I`ve been reading up on this and many people said if you think your capable do not drop. What i want to know is how hard is Advanced and what do you learn in it?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Currently I am deciding whether or not I should drop down to standard English. I`ve been reading up on this and many people said if you think your capable do not drop. What i want to know is how hard is Advanced and what do you learn in it?
The difficulty of the subject is the same, but the texts are different, and the modules you choose from are different.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The difficulty of the subject is the same, but the texts are different, and the modules you choose from are different.
I'm not too sure about the difficulty - it's close but I wouldn't say it's the same because they don't need to do Shakespeare. Shakespeare is a lot harder because it's in a language that we're not familiar with.

So we're clear, that's just one reason.

Ricktatorship

HSC
I dropped down from advanced at the end of year 11 because of a shit rank, but I can say that compared to advanced, standard is easier in some regard. The modules we do are more simplistic in nature. If you think you can get a band 6 or close in standard go for it, it actually scales decently once you get up there. If you doubt you can do that, advanced is probably a safer bet.

Lul

HSC
Do english ext 1 m8

p.s - the obscene txt in my signature is what someone had said to me from this site lolz!

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I dropped down from advanced at the end of year 11 because of a shit rank, but I can say that compared to advanced, standard is easier in some regard. The modules we do are more simplistic in nature. If you think you can get a band 6 or close in standard go for it, it actually scales decently once you get up there. If you doubt you can do that, advanced is probably a safer bet.
If you can't band 6 in Advanced, you will never band 6 in Standard.

Around 50 out of 35000 get band 6 in standard.

Lul

HSC
Drop to standard. It'll save you from studying txts that are full of sh*t (11/10 strong)

Stay Shredded

Regards

LUL::

nightweaver066

HSC
I'm not too sure about the difficulty - it's close but I wouldn't say it's the same because they don't need to do Shakespeare. Shakespeare is a lot harder because it's in a language that we're not familiar with.

So we're clear, that's just one reason.
No Fear Shakespeare!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)