English All Nighters (1 Viewer)

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
im in the middle of an english crisis... i have an essay test tomoro... and im still goin... but wat i am wondering is how impaired my writing capabilities are gunna be in the morning... anybody got any idea wat all nighters do to yur head?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
makes u feel really tired and feel like a zombie for the rest of the day, not sure what will do to your handwriting, it might get a bit more messy.

Lennie

Yeah, you will feel a little out of it for a few days, but your writing may actually improve. all nighters are great for creativity.
I cant work on my ee2 major unless it is after 2am :uhhuh:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
I cant work on my ee2 major unless it is after 2am :uhhuh:

OH MY GOOOOSH...ur right, all my creativity seems to come out between the hours of 2am and 5am in the morning.

nwatts

HSC
Samie_Loo said:
im in the middle of an english crisis... i have an essay test tomoro... and im still goin... but wat i am wondering is how impaired my writing capabilities are gunna be in the morning... anybody got any idea wat all nighters do to yur head?
all nighters are incredibly overrated as to their affects on said person. you'll be grumpy for the rest of the day, and go to bed early. hey presto, you're back to normal.

virtually all essays for me are either all night jobs or very early morning jobs. I can't seem to concentrate unless the rest of my family are either asleep or out of the house. the first few were non-intentional, ie. I aimed to get it done earlier but ran out of time. but after that i've found I produce far better work when under immense pressure. "i have exactly twenty three minutes to finish this essay" = best conclusion i've ever written. it's no surprise that I perform very well in english/history exams.

i find creativity to be very spontaneous though. i'll go through phases were i'm a creative genious, and then wake up the next morning to find i've turned into a critical nightmare! sometimes i'll have tiny flashes and run to the PC and type up a paragraph or two, of great work, but then be unable to finish. very strange, I say :D

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
i agree, with both

having pulled an all nighter sunday night, i am fully aware of the things it does to ur head

1. i went home on monday, leaving before last period! doh
2. i went to sleep at 3.00 on monday arvo, waking up today at 10.30 therefore missing school! doh
3. unless you have to be at school the day after an all nighter, and ur alarm can actaully wake u up from a deep sleep, go ahead
however if you do want an hour or two sleep
dont!!! because if youve had an hour or two sleep, you'll be tireder
and yes creativity comes to you at wierd hours of the morning
however i put this down to no noise in the house

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Recently i had a 20% essay to write, due on a monday. I began the essay at 9;30pm sunday night and comleted it at about 3am monday morning. During this time i talked to or texted everyone (procrastination) and then spent another hour after i finished talking to a classmate on teh phone (helping her procrastination).

I was in the most hyper mood in the morning, i even managed to not sleep in and got to school on time. I dont think i got tired til the end of the day. This does not mean i handed in an intellegent essay. By about 1-2 am i really didnt care anymore. When i typed it up at school the next day, most of the second half didnt make any sense whatsoever.

All nighters the night before are good i spose, cos you know that you have to get it done and there is no putting off. And i never seem to feel too crap the next day.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I love that incredible feeling that hits you at about 2am, when all of a sudden your time worries are gone and it dawns upon you-

"I have all morning to do this!"

Anyone have any weird habits during All Nighters? I tend to pace around the house, wait till the fire burns out and then light it again, getting up at half hour intervals to throw another log on.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i start gettin EXTRA hyper... all i wanna do is move... so i write movin... or have to walk around ... maybe dats all the caffiene too tho...

nwatts

HSC
suger_plum said:
without caffene, all nighters would be an impossibility. god bless the peron who invented the stuff
You softie. :)

Just don't go to bed. You won't fall asleep infront of your computer easily. Then grab a coffee at about 5:30.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
yeah, i have fallen asleep in fron tof the computer actually. but then i was introduced to this awesome invention. called coffee! my life changed that day!..... for the better! and now i cant leave the house in the morning without one. lol! i have pulled so many all nighters lately i am tired 24/7! but the brown stuff shows me the way

nwatts

HSC
suger_plum said:
QUICK QUESTION:
do you think it is better to not sleep at all, or to sleep for an hour or two?
Not at all for me. No question. Unless it's more than like 3 hours, I find such a small amount of sleep to make me far more tired than I would anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)