• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English AOS resources - new material! (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
as far as i know it's only teachers, check it out though

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Yes. Instead, buy as many notes as you can from people of different schools. Especially selective schools, as our teachers almost kill themselves assembling materials to get us ubermarks.
i disagree... the best notes are from your own research (like when i found out element 118 no longer exists)... so you've still got to work hard... teachers are teachers (be they selective or not)... the better teachers teach at private schools, you realise...

and anyway, us selective people aint slack, we'd give you our stuff for free... :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

i disagree... the best notes are from your own research (like when i found out element 118 no longer exists)... so you've still got to work hard... teachers are teachers (be they selective or not)... the better teachers teach at private schools, you realise...

and anyway, us selective people aint slack, we'd give you our stuff for free... :p
hey, can u explain to me about element 118 fiasco?

yeah, metaphor is a mag. for teachers only since its from the ETA, and yeah, they actually submit students responses there as well-so overall it is betta than any "excel" type guide you find for english....but excel is shit for only certain subjects like english, chem....but for other subjects like maths, its a "lifesaver". :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

You're kidding right? We'd sell our AIR were there a buyer. Submitting to BoS, on the other hand, is something else :p

And yes, Excel is good for things like Maths where you've got Jeff Geha on your side. :D Look at his photo! However, for critical responses (ie qualitative analysis rather than quantitative assessment) they are the trash.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)