english assessment task (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey,

does everyone have the same assessment task for english. Like at our school, we have to pretend to be the actual poet and discuss the poems to a group of HSC students. Anyone else had to do that?

thanx......just wondering :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Is this a written task?...in prelims, we had to do in class essays, speeches and a written radio interview for the critical study.

Kulazzi

HSC
no, the speech can be written beforehand, only, obv., you had to do your speech during classtime.

however for soc, my teacher lets us do in-class practice essays which is good

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah, how'd u know?

who is it? tell me! Becoz I'm sure they posted on here that they needed help with the A.T. and when i asked if she goes to my school she said she doesn't :rolleyes:

Some people r having trouble, I'm taking mine today (I've finished it yay!) and shwoing it to one of my friends cos she has no idea what to do.........but we're doing different poets anyway :)

so who is it? pm me.......

astro

HSC
i have so many freaking assessments ext, eng and maths...all due on the same day...the ext is the worst of the lot.....and that adv assessment, have you finished kulazzi - i haven't even finished and then there's maths......

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by astro
i have so many freaking assessments ext, eng and maths...all due on the same day...the ext is the worst of the lot.....and that adv assessment, have you finished kulazzi - i haven't even finished and then there's maths......
for advanced i've gotta "assume the persona of the director of a film" and discuss filmic techniques etc to an imaginary cast and crew :)
for extension, i've got to write an appropriation of a fairytale and postmodernise it ~ 2500-3000 words.

astro

HSC
for ext i had to watch 5 movies and talk about how the heroes change to suit the cultural values of the time - 2500 words....due on monday and then there's maths

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah. I managed to put the theme and techniques of the poems all in ONE page (as instructed) and done my speech. Did ot on wednesday when the strike was on. All i gotta do now is practics, practics, and practice for maths and english. Couples was just telling me today how Mr. H did not like one of the filns she has chosen so she has to change it. :rolleyes:

edit: save it for the spelling, just came back from maths tutoring :)

astro

HSC
She should just get over it....she has has probs with opinions of Mr. H

BTW what are your themes....and did you name each and every techniques......ur poems are so short.....our ones are so long.....

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
She should just get over it....she has has probs with opinions of Mr. H

BTW what are your themes....and did you name each and every techniques......ur poems are so short.....our ones are so long.....
our ones are long too....if ur on msn, I'll send mine thru.....I have no idea how to attach on posts :p :rolleyes:
mainly since I have John Foulcher.....the theme is the violence of nature (obviously explaine din more detail in each poem) and no I did not list every technique. Just the "important" ones like euphemism, the "feel" of danger, imagery AND simile etc. etc. :( But I'm not sure cos Mr. H said not to just point out the obvious ones

Last edited:

blitzacer

HSC
For my english advanced class we've just finished identity, with the assessment asking us to assume the role of an 'extrodinary' persons life and talk about his/her background and stuff and how it related to the theme of identity.

I chose Carson from queer eye. o.o

Kulazzi

HSC
omg, that sounds a bit hard but it kinda relates to society & culture (adolescent identitiy.....:rolleyes: ) :)

astro

HSC
I love queer eye...even though its is in a way reality tv....

Kulazzi.....i'm doin my speech 2moro...

blitzacer

HSC
heh, it was fun to do...even though the teacher marked easily on everyone...i thought i heard her wrong when she said the loest mark in the class was 27.....out of 30.

Kulazzi

HSC
I love queer eye...even though its is in a way reality tv....

Kulazzi.....i'm doin my speech 2moro...
I think mine starts on wednesday! :(

astro

HSC
Originally posted by Kulazzi
I think mine starts on wednesday! :(
Good luck....i was the third last person do my speech in my class...i really thought i was going to go overtime.....

Kulazzi

HSC
Good luck....i was the third last person do my speech in my class...i really thought i was going to go overtime.....
lucky! Mel told me how she had to go 2nd cos Becca volunteered to go first and mel was the 5th person down from her! :p
How'd you go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)