English essays! (1 Viewer)

HSC
here are some english essays i have written for year 11 ext and adv...not all of them are really good...but some of the content might help those who need help for the following topics...

btw i go to Baulkham Hills High

(2U) The human condition: 100% =D
(2U) The Talented Mr Ripley and The Great Gatsby: still waiting for result.
(3U) Tess of the D'Urbervilles and Thelma and Louise: 22/25 (A range - most of the grade did quite badly)

HSC
btw some feedback would be really good, for those of you who have read it - i still have a long way to go with improving my eng.... =)

shafqat

HSC
N/A
I read the second essay, and I thought it was very good. Remember to give the dates of the texts after citing their title in the intro. As I've only read GG I'll only comment on that section. I thought the arguments were well made, but in some instances better examples could have been used. There was an emphasis on peripheral actions, eg Jordan's bad driving. You could have mentioned perhaps the green light as a symbol, and also Buchanan's careless actions in the climax, eg running pple over. Anyway, good work.

HSC
shafqat said:
I read the second essay, and I thought it was very good. Remember to give the dates of the texts after citing their title in the intro. As I've only read GG I'll only comment on that section. I thought the arguments were well made, but in some instances better examples could have been used. There was an emphasis on peripheral actions, eg Jordan's bad driving. You could have mentioned perhaps the green light as a symbol, and also Buchanan's careless actions in the climax, eg running pple over. Anyway, good work.
thanks shafqat! unfortunately, i had a lot to cut down, because i'm a slow writer >.< , which is why i couldnt include that stuff for GG...so yeh

Thanks again! =)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Ummm... pretty nice.

Not sure about the underlining though...

HSC
^ i think at my school its been established that underlining is for the names of texts and quotation marks are for quotes...

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
-neurosurgeon- said:
^ i think at my school its been established that underlining is for the names of texts and quotation marks are for quotes...
ahh.. it hasn't been mentioned in my school.... i tend to just shove in the quotation marks for anything like that.

P

pLuvia

-neurosurgeon- said:
same

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)