English Exams (1 Viewer)

spongebob1

HSC
N/A
If you're too sick to sit paper 1 on monday can you still sit paper 2 on tuesday? What would happen with the marks does anyone know?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
if you miss out on HSC paper your marks would probably made same to your assessments

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
or you prob might not receive atar if you miss out on 2 units of english coz its compulsory

spongebob1

HSC
N/A
if you miss out on HSC paper your marks would probably made same to your assessments
yeh but because it is two exams would you get an assessment mark for paper 1? and your test mark for paper 2? or would you not be allowed to sit paper two and get an overall assessment mark?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
tbh im not sure im not a marker im a yr 10 kid :p

NFmusic1995

HSC
Lol sounds shifty.. posting on saturday that you will be sick for Paper 1 but not ready for paper 2.... hmmmm

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
if anything your hsc mark would be your moderated assessment mark

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Lol sounds shifty.. posting on saturday that you will be sick for Paper 1 but not ready for paper 2.... hmmmm
+1

I reckon they'll still make you sit for paper two (unless you're still sick of course) and the paper one will be based on your cohort alone, with the paper 2 being as usual.

yasminee96

HSC
S/he's probably just preparing in case something does go wrong on the day...I ended up being really sick on the day of my trial and couldn't rest because i didn't know what was going to happen. Doesn't sound shifty tbh

Anyway, it's on the website:
"In the case of most Board Developed Courses, if your appeal is upheld, you will be awarded the higher of your examination mark and a mark derived from your assessment mark and unaffected components of your examination. Your Record of Achievement will indicate if this alternative is used. In the case of the optional VET HSC examinations, if your appeal is upheld you will receive your examination mark or a mark derived from an estimate submitted by your school, whichever is higher.

If your appeal is declined, you will be awarded the mark you achieved in the examination. If you were absent from an examination and your illness/misadventure appeal is declined, you will not receive any result in that course. This could mean that you become ineligible for the award of the Higher School Certificate.
"
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/illness-misadventure.html

Edit: No idea how it'd be for paper 2, but if you're able to sit the exam, then go. But if you still feel sick (although able), sit the exam and apply for illness/misadventure. If you legitimately cannot get out of bed, then you'll just have to let your school know and not go, apply for illness/misadventure twice.

Last edited:
HSC
Yes you can but you need a doctor's note saying that you were sick on paper 1 and that he didn't recommend you sitting the exam. I'm sure the BOS and your school will figure something about to weigh up your marks.

NWO

HSC
lol GG hsc. You noob lol. U probably do better in HSC than trials! lol u cheecky cow lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)