english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (1 Viewer)

Rattlehead15

HSC
ITS OK if most of the state is getting along without knowing them you should be ok bro
but if you wanna like have a glance before tomorrows exam if you search 'literary theory hsc' on quizlet a lot of relevant good stuff comes up
Tysm I just read some of them and they're just fancy words for what I already knew. Like reader-response theory just means how someones personal context impacts their reading (from what I can tell), which is what I wrote in my analyticals.

unhealthyharold

HSC
Tysm I just read some of them and they're just fancy words for what I already knew. Like reader-response theory just means how someones personal context impacts their reading (from what I can tell), which is what I wrote in my analyticals.
Yeah thwy sound fancy but thwyre rly simple probs should have prefaced with that

HSC
ok thats good 👍
my bad didn't mean to cause extra stress the night before the exam

unhealthyharold

HSC
for electives - if the question is abt form and your text is a film, what are you meant to say? like would form be cinematography and mise-en-scene stuff, or more like genre?

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
its pretty important, i almost got marked down from my analytical because i didnt have enough, even tho i had 2 per paragraph. They also want critics
THIS IS NOT TRUE. most schools dont use theory bc it results in less of a real understanding. u may have lost marks internally, but u will not externally. our school does not teach theory, and we get 80% band 6's and a state rank most years.

math struggler

HSC
THIS IS NOT TRUE. most schools dont use theory bc it results in less of a real understanding. u may have lost marks internally, but u will not externally. our school does not teach theory, and we get 80% band 6's and a state rank most years.
Second this. If you look at the HSC marker feedback for the 25 mark criticals, both years they explicitly say "does not require critical theory." I use a bit because it's kind of a shortcut for allowing you to say what you want to say in fewer words, but its risky if you just namedrop it for the sake of it. HSC markers hate that.

band6yesplease

HSC
for electives - if the question is abt form and your text is a film, what are you meant to say? like would form be cinematography and mise-en-scene stuff, or more like genre?
form is cinematography and stuff, how they manipulated their film through form to add depth to the story. For example in our film, Pan's Labyrinth, it opens with the death of the protagonist which is also ends on except the camera angle is reversed (It's hard to explain) so in this way he utilises form to provide insight into the cyclical nature of life and manipulates the audience blah blah.

If you're using form make sure you say WHY they're using specific techniques, not just how

rainbowspoon1

HSC
Second this. If you look at the HSC marker feedback for the 25 mark criticals, both years they explicitly say "does not require critical theory." I use a bit because it's kind of a shortcut for allowing you to say what you want to say in fewer words, but its risky if you just namedrop it for the sake of it. HSC markers hate that.
thats cray i thought the whole point of the module was literary theory lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)