English Ext.2, should i do it? (1 Viewer)

mita12

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone, i am relatively new to this site. I am deciding whether to pick up English Ext. 2 next year but afraid of the stress, the workload and my marks compared with the rest of the state. I am doing relatively well in English Adv. ranked third in grade and in English Extension 1 ranked second. What does English Extension involve, and should i pick it up or not.
Subjects and Rank
  • English Adv. = 3rd -
  • English Extension 1 = 2nd - Love it, almost stress free and predominantly discussion which is fun :jedi::jedi:
  • Maths Adv. = 13th coz of 3 unit class :( - Going tutoring and hoping for to get better but yea, compared to my other subjects, not doing very well :detective::detective:
  • Legal Studies = 2nd - Its very interesting and complements english because of essay writing :pain:
  • IPT = Rank 1st - One of my favourite subjects because i'm good at it :headbang::headbang:
  • Physics = Rank 11th - I am going tutoring and hoping to get a higher rank and mark :wavey:
  • Vietnamese = Approx. 10th - The workload is relatively less, but my interest and self-motivation for it is less. If i do pick up E.Ext.2, i might drop this subject. :oink::oink:

Together equally 13 units which leads on to the problem because i don't intend to drop any of these subjects, but if i do pick up english ext. 2 then i would. The only question is which subject should i drop and is english extension worth it over any of these other subjects? Also If you have or is doing English Ext.2 what were your experiences and tips when doing it.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice!
:hat:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I do EE2. I'm a little bit stressed at the moment cause it's almost major work submission time, but it's not as stressful as everyone makes out. The subject's been a breeze up until now. There's so much freedom and it's very self directed. You are good at English and like English, definitely consider picking it up.

And seeing as you would be on 14 unit, the two classes I'd be thinking of dropping would be physics or Vietnamese based on your current results. (Although how many people do physics and Vietnamese comparatively?)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
If u have the drive, interest and talent for english that ex2 english requires then definitely pick it up. Imo, if you do, then probably drop vietnamese

avro

HSC
EE2 is very different to Advanced and EE1. It involves obviously a major work. There are assignments, and no exams. If you work consistently on it, you will be fine! I've had my major work finished for 2 or so months now and am feeling absolutely no stress. Pick it up for a couple of weeks. You can always drop it :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, you should do it.

Try it, and if it's too hard - then you drop it.

^ best strategy

Also:

1. It was my favourite subject during HSC.
2. "oh no i have 14 units" is a bad reason to drop a subject. "i can't handle the work of 14 units" or "i don't like _______" is a better reason.

mita12

HSC
N/A
Thx, i will consult with my teachers and ask for their advice as well. Physics = 23 people, Vietnamese = 15 people Which type of text are you doing? Report, essay etc. Which one would you recommend?

mita12

HSC
N/A
I'll keep that in mind, to not leave it until the last day. Also, in terms of scaling and your comparison against the whole state, will it be very hard to get a good rank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)