English Extension 1 Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
I personally did not like it :))

at all.

seems like nesa loves all this specificity - anyone here do worlds of upheaval? If so, how did you find it?

Last edited:

Manaka

HSC
N/A
Painful is an understatement for this exam.

NESA's rlly tryin to weed out them pre-prepared. Mine was literally shattered as soon as I saw that Literary Mindscapes Question
Section 1 was alright, but I don't think I was as strong as Section, purely because of how unexpected the Section 1 Q's were ._.

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
Painful is an understatement for this exam.

NESA's rlly tryin to weed out them pre-prepared. Mine was literally shattered as soon as I saw that Literary Mindscapes Question
Section 1 was alright, but I don't think I was as strong as Section, purely because of how unexpected the Section 1 Q's were ._.
I know right! Part A was strange enough on its own, and Part B was also unexpected. Not to mention 2 extracts?? I did WOU for section 2, 'acceptance' and 'aspiration' was kinda hard to incorporate. Also nesa loves all this 'to what extent' and 'align with understanding' type bs

ahri

HSC
I was super thrown off by section 1 tbh, didn't expect both critical and creative. I also expected a creative extract for a critical, not two analytical pieces. I thought section 2 was ok but that was because my question was adaptable enough for my essay. But damn, definitely not what I expected.

Expulso

HSC
I'm really happy that I'm done with English before they make it completely think on the spot and make your essay there. I write essays well when I memorise an adaptable essay and answer the question on the spot, and most of the top kids at my school do that. (The last time I wrote on the spot with only quotes was mid year 11 and it was by far the worst mark I've ever gotten for English) I did WoU and only 1 of my related texts wasn't that relevant to the question but Metropolis, Frankenstein and my other related were quite good for the question. All in all, spent an hour and 15 minutes and wrote 17 pages for the essay.

I was so happy that section 1 had a critical on its own instead of the creative and reflection. I think I gave like 9 quotes for the critical between the two texts because I treated it like a question from section 1 paper 1, but then the creative is another story :(. Pretty much knew I was screwed for creative because I really can't write creatively on the spot (surprise I memorised for Mod C too). In my trial I dropped from 2nd to 5th internally because of how bad my creative was. I wanted to reuse my creative from Mod C but I couldn't adapt because you had to use the same character. If I didn't have to, I would've probably done really well for the creative. lmao I think I probably spent like 15 minutes on the creative though. Hopefully I get okay for the creative and ace section 2 and the critical

emilyyyyy2191

HSC
I'm really happy that I'm done with English before they make it completely think on the spot and make your essay there. I write essays well when I memorise an adaptable essay and answer the question on the spot, and most of the top kids at my school do that. (The last time I wrote on the spot with only quotes was mid year 11 and it was by far the worst mark I've ever gotten for English) I did WoU and only 1 of my related texts wasn't that relevant to the question but Metropolis, Frankenstein and my other related were quite good for the question. All in all, spent an hour and 15 minutes and wrote 17 pages for the essay.

I was so happy that section 1 had a critical on its own instead of the creative and reflection. I think I gave like 9 quotes for the critical between the two texts because I treated it like a question from section 1 paper 1, but then the creative is another story :(. Pretty much knew I was screwed for creative because I really can't write creatively on the spot (surprise I memorised for Mod C too). In my trial I dropped from 2nd to 5th internally because of how bad my creative was. I wanted to reuse my creative from Mod C but I couldn't adapt because you had to use the same character. If I didn't have to, I would've probably done really well for the creative. lmao I think I probably spent like 15 minutes on the creative though. Hopefully I get okay for the creative and ace section 2 and the critical
Thats exactly what I did, except I wrote about literary mindscapes for 1 hour with 11 pages...I didn't actually find the creative that hard tbh....To "use the character", I just adapted their traits into the story I used for ADV (reading/television etc)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)