English film test (1 Viewer)

iamdumdum

HSC
Soooo. guys i have an upcoming test in english where i have to comprehend and answer questions after watching a film, can somebody tell me, the most effective way to prepare for it and what to do in the test to get the most marks

kev-kun

HSC
Mainly cinematic and visual techniques would be a good start. Then try getting about a 5 min excerpt from a movie and discuss how various techniques have shaped it. Just an example...

sobrien123

HSC
I agree with kev-kun, your cinematic and visual techniques will most likely comprise of the majority of the questions. As well as the visual elements and mis-en-scene you should also make sure you understand how sound can work as a technique, especially knowing the difference between diegetic and non-diegetic sound and how each are important in creating meaning. In terms of practicing, you can only go so far as to learn techniques and how they work and then practice on scenes from various different films.

In the actual test, one of the easiest ways to convey what you are trying to say to the marker is to remember. Identify a technique - Give an example of how it is used - Explain how the technique works to shape the responders understanding of the text / the texts meaning. If you constantly always do those three things when writing out answers you will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)