English HSC Exam Layout URGENT HELP! (1 Viewer)

Dodi

Sik Bro #1
HSC
I had a really good English teacher and she was replaced by another English teacher in my school, who is kinda hopeless. However I have hardly any idea of the layout and whats in what English papers, like I don't know whats in Paper 1 or 2, what sections are in what paper and how many supp material is needed for each part, basically no idea about anything and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

tylercal

HSC
First thing is easy

Go to the Board of Studies website (the real one), go to HSC Syllybus, advanced English to find what each part involves. Go to HSC Exams, and look up past examination papers - they all have exactly the same layout, and structure, so if you've seen one you've seen them all

But a basic summary for you -

Section one is on the journey

First part is basic short answer questions on something they give you
Second part is a creative writing about the journey (does not need to be about your speciality - eg imaginary, physical or inner)
Third part is an essay about the imaginary journey (unless you did physical or inner)

Exam 2 is the other three sections (note you may have different subjects for these bits, go check the exam paper)
Part 1 Essay on In the Wild
Part 2 Essay on Speeches
Part 3 Essay on Telling the Truth

~LEAH~

HSC
For Area of Study essay you will need one supplementary text, one stimulus and one prescribed (you might like to have an extra supp just in case they ask for two or your first one doesn't fit the question.)

For Critical Study of text you don't need any supps
For In the Wild or Transformations you don't need any supps
For Powerplay or Telling the Truth you need two supps

Hope that helps. Good luck on Friday :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)