English Is A Joke (1 Viewer)

lfc_reds2003

all u gotta do is shove a few thousand techniques in (dont bother snwering the question) and ull get top marks

im finding this out the hard way and its making me fume!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
actually your wrong. You need to use the techniques to answer the question. Write in the wrong text type or don't refer to the question and ur equally as fucked. Although I do agree with you, standard + advanced course is shit house.

lfc_reds2003

nope nope cya

our grade was given a sample answer from an assessment and all the paras were jammed with meaningless techniques but in his concluding sentence he would write :"Therefore journeys make us who we are"

sample para:

simile, metaphor, diction, oxymoron..... use of exclamation, first person narrator, emotive language, colourful imagery, onomatopoeia, personification, alliteration, assonance, internal rhyme, half rhyme, layout on page, short paragraph usage, full stop usage.

These techniques sho that the journey makes us who we are.

commments:

fantastic knowledge of te=xts, cohesive argument, answered q well... top marks!

For fucks sake if u tried to make ur essay make sense oh not detailed enough FAIL

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
yeah english may seem like that, but my teacher reassures me it isn't.

I guess it doesn't hurt if you understand the text a little before doing the analysis stuff.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
You either got a crap teacher or you're not giving enough information.

No one get top marks simply for stating techniques.

Owyn

HSC
however he is right that english is a joke. Its the whole course you MUST do, but its probobably the ONLY course that doesnt have the a textbook to teach you the course. This is ridiculace, as i go to a selective school and still many of the teachers are incompetent when it comes to teaching the course, so i can image how hard it must be for the majority. Atleast when you have a textbook then aslong as you can read and are prepared to but in the time anybody can do well, the way it should be. However if you dont get english there is no lifeline. /end rant

lfc_reds2003

Eagles said:
You either got a crap teacher or you're not giving enough information.

No one get top marks simply for stating techniques.
Crap teacher: correct

Not giving enough info: aaa is 5ps in 40mins enough? the lack pf info is the seeming lack of irrelevant techniques

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i don't learn much from my english teacher. whether a teacher is good or bad also depends on what kind of student you are and what kind of teacher is most effective for you.
but yeah, we discuss a lot during class... and we get really off-topic. my teacher doesn't give us much to do except for discussions '-_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)