english is gonna end me plz help - funeral blues (1 Viewer)

pigeonn

HSC
hey all, im thinking of doing Funeral Blues by WH Auden for my English assignment on texts and human experiences. whats ur opinion on this? do yall think this is a good poem to analyse in a multimodel? if not, plz recommend any poems or short stories that might suit human experience plzz

hatterene

HSC
that's strange? normally for t&he task 1 they make you do a related text compared to a prescribed text. but if not, then just choose anything that's easy, rich with messages about the human experience just to get a good rank on the first assessment because the related text will never be looked at again.

pigeonn

HSC
that's strange? normally for t&he task 1 they make you do a related text compared to a prescribed text. but if not, then just choose anything that's easy, rich with messages about the human experience just to get a good rank on the first assessment because the related text will never be looked at again.
yea my school likes to mess with us like that :(
but thanks that actually pre helpful advice, I'm just hoping it works out coz english can easily turn its back on u

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
W. H. Auden's poetry as a whole explores the following themes:
  • power
  • control
  • modernity
  • humanity
  • good vs evil
If you feel that you are familiar with and comfortable with the incorporation of one or a combination of the above-mentioned themes into your multimodal, then Funeral Blues may be a good poem to explore.

Regarding Funeral Blues, it is a poem showcasing the immensity of grief. The speaker has lost someone important, but the rest of the world doesn’t slow down or stop to pay its respects. Instead, it just keeps plugging along on as if nothing has changed. The speaker experiences this indifference as a kind of rude torment, and demands that the world grieves too. One can clearly perceive the humanity (and possibly the good vs evil) aspect of W. H. Auden's poetry being present in Funeral Blues.

Alternatively, since your prescribed text is Billy Elliot (I am aware you are not required to use it), you may wish to explore a related text to Billy Elliot for your multimodal because related material may be easier to analyse due to similarities it shares with your prescribed text, which can aid you with your analysis. Related material includes:
  • "Howl" - a poem by Alan Ginsberg
  • "The Peasant Prince" - a picture book by Li Cunxin
  • "Listening to Michael Jackson in Tehran" - a poem by Ali Alizadeh
  • "Neighbors" - a short story by Tim Winton
I hope this helps! 😄

pigeonn

HSC
W. H. Auden's poetry as a whole explores the following themes:
  • power
  • control
  • modernity
  • humanity
  • good vs evil
If you feel that you are familiar with and comfortable with the incorporation of one or a combination of the above-mentioned themes into your multimodal, then Funeral Blues may be a good poem to explore.

Regarding Funeral Blues, it is a poem showcasing the immensity of grief. The speaker has lost someone important, but the rest of the world doesn’t slow down or stop to pay its respects. Instead, it just keeps plugging along on as if nothing has changed. The speaker experiences this indifference as a kind of rude torment, and demands that the world grieves too. One can clearly perceive the humanity (and possibly the good vs evil) aspect of W. H. Auden's poetry being present in Funeral Blues.

Alternatively, since your prescribed text is Billy Elliot (I am aware you are not required to use it), you may wish to explore a related text to Billy Elliot for your multimodal because related material may be easier to analyse due to similarities it shares with your prescribed text, which can aid you with your analysis. Related material includes:
  • "Howl" - a poem by Alan Ginsberg
  • "The Peasant Prince" - a picture book by Li Cunxin
  • "Listening to Michael Jackson in Tehran" - a poem by Ali Alizadeh
  • "Neighbors" - a short story by Tim Winton
I hope this helps! 😄
omg this is actually life saving, thank you so much this is insanely helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)