English Language (1 Viewer)

destroyer5787

HSC
is there a similar subject in hsc where you analyse laguage using the 6 subsystems, MORPHOLOGY, LEXICOLOGY, PHONOLOGY, SEMANTICS, DISCOURSE and SYNTAX?????

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
destroyer5787 said:
is there a similar subject in hsc where you analyse laguage using the 6 subsystems, MORPHOLOGY, LEXICOLOGY, PHONOLOGY, SEMANTICS, DISCOURSE and SYNTAX?????

Not really... but

Advanced English
Extension English 1
and to an extent
Extension English 2
I guess fit the roles (syntax wise anyway)... are you doing IB?

T

Testpilot

destroyer5787 said:
Well my English teacher failed because i have no idea what your talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Um, there's a little done subject called "comparitive literature" or something, never met anyone who does it but it looks like english, only a lot lot better.

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
toadstooltown said:
Um, there's a little done subject called "comparitive literature" or something, never met anyone who does it but it looks like english, only a lot lot better.
I do comp lit :cool: It's a fucking win subject.

In saying that though, it's nothing like the original poster seems to describe. I wouldn't even agree that advanced english is made up of any analysing language like that. *shrugs*

kony

HSC
why are those "THE" 6 subsystems? surely there are more.. like pragmatics and register.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Isn't that more linguistics and the technicality of the actual English language? If it is, you have to take a linguistics subject at uni. I know someone doing linguistics in her Arts degree at USYD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)