English/Maths Help (1 Viewer)

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, here's the deal from 55% in the first semester I jumped to 72% for the second. Great improvement but one teeny, tiny, little problem. Extended responses and short answers?!!? Bah! Any ideas how to improve on them.

As for teachers feedback, all I received were zeros and red marks, so no help there. Have NO idea where I went wrong when my points seemed so damn valid. * sigh

Do I need to read more? Practise tests? {not to keen on}, tutor? {can't coz year 12 core texts have changed for 2009}

Oh and 2unit math, yearly oh lovely 12.5/72, drop it? Even the 3unit class didn't reach 2 unit standards. Me thinks I should drop it without my house looking like Pear Harbour, anyway to calmy present my case to my famillia?

Thanks dudes/dudettes =D

ratcher0071

HSC
MelRGHS said:
Ok, here's the deal from 55% in the first semester I jumped to 72% for the second. Great improvement but one teeny, tiny, little problem. Extended responses and short answers?!!? Bah! Any ideas how to improve on them.

As for teachers feedback, all I received were zeros and red marks, so no help there. Have NO idea where I went wrong when my points seemed so damn valid. * sigh

Do I need to read more? Practise tests? {not to keen on}, tutor? {can't coz year 12 core texts have changed for 2009}

Oh and 2unit math, yearly oh lovely 12.5/72, drop it? Even the 3unit class didn't reach 2 unit standards. Me thinks I should drop it without my house looking like Pear Harbour, anyway to calmy present my case to my famillia?

Thanks dudes/dudettes =D
For extended response go to this forum and click on "anti's guide to ....."
http://community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7

:eek: I think you should drop maths

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
MelRGHS said:

Thanks dudes/dudettes =D
For English, it's all about the issue of not getting the essay right in the first place. Your essay may not include all the necessary contents. You have to fill your essays with quotes, techniques in an elegantly structured form.

I suggest you write few generic essays on your own and ask your teachers for opinions. But MAKE SURE that your essays are not related to the assessments given as teachers may be a bit reluctant to mark one as it may be a disadvantage to others...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)