English Paper 2 Predictions & Thoughts (1 Viewer)

dannyo1

HSC
lmao I just took the stimulus as a metaphor for writing lol and did my usual creative/discursive on the writing process. Markers are filled with ecstasy if they see the words "intertextuality" or "metafiction"

Greninja340

HSC
for the extract question in mod a, i didnt use any quotes from the extract, the only thing i did was analyse the extracts meaning in the introduction and link all my body paragraphs to the central idea of the extracts that i had written in the intro, how screwed am I?

mikrokosmos

HSC
I wrote a discursive on how writing provides us escapism from challenge and the world around us. However, it has become more of a burden in recent times due to the growing importance on the aesthetics of language rather than the meaning of language itself.

Band 4 stuff i know. It is what it is.
thats amazing!! very much 4unit level

tito981

HSC
for the extract question in mod a, i didnt use any quotes from the extract, the only thing i did was analyse the extracts meaning in the introduction and link all my body paragraphs to the central idea of the extracts that i had written in the intro, how screwed am I?
it shouldnt matter too much as the main part of the question wasnt to refer to the extract (it was like that for my text).

DarkOperator618

HSC
I wrote a discursive on how writing provides us escapism from challenge and the world around us. However, it has become more of a burden in recent times due to the growing importance on the aesthetics of language rather than the meaning of language itself.

fucken nerd

hiiitsme

HSC

I kinda did the same thing but blamed the hsc for it so hope the HSC markers arent too sensitive

hatterene

HSC
how did us advanced kids go?

i knew it was gonna turn out like this tbh. i predicted the valediction or sunne rising was gonna be an extract that we had to analyse but i didn't think that they made us analyse two extracts!!! i found that question to be super tough because i had to analyse on the spot but i managed to pull it off in 35 minutes anyway. also i'm still confused on how there was *no* question for mod a? they just told us to analyse the extract and refer to it in our essay?!

for module b, i predicted a general question on form but it was about purpose instead. the question was generic asf which was good but that means the standard is set higher and i was being very conservative on time here so i didn't write too much. i ended up memorising everything which is good.

mod c kinda threw me off because i predicted a discursive/something based off of a character in mod a or b but it ended up being a visual stimulus. the stimulus was broad and it fit my story perfectly tbh. i just wish i had more time for the reflection and added in like 2 more analytical statements but it's okay. still kinda sour ugh.

Last edited:

Greninja340

HSC
how did us advanced kids go?

i knew it was gonna turn out like this tbh. i predicted the valediction or sunne rising was gonna be an extract that we had to analyse but i didn't think that they made us analyse two extracts!!! i found that question to be super tough because i had to analyse on the spot but i managed to pull it off in 35 minutes anyway. also i'm still confused on how there was *no* question for mod a? they just told us to analyse the extract and refer to it in our essay?!

for module b, i predicted a general question on form but it was about purpose instead. the question was generic asf which was good but that means the standard is set higher and i was being very conservative on time here so i didn't write too much. i ended up memorising everything which is good.

mod c kinda threw me off because i predicted a discursive/something based off of a character in mod a or b but it ended up being a visual stimulus. the stimulus was broad and it fit my story perfectly tbh. i just wish i had more time for the reflection and added in like 2 more analytical statements but it's okay. still kinda sour ugh.
Mod A: I think i did alright with the only thing being i didnt add any quotes from the extract, but i linked my essay to it a lot
Mod B: I think i did pretty well in this the only thing i was iffy on was the "unanswerable" questions, cause in the text i did the composer provides an answer to all the questions and i didn't really address this component of the question so i think i might lose some marks for that, otherwise i think my analysis was pretty good and fit the rest of the question well
Mod C: idk i kinda bombed it i think, in total i think i wrote 5.5 pages, my story worked with the stimulus but i still fell really iffy about it and my reflection was not amazing either, I had to Bs so hard on this big in order to fit my memorised techniques for the figurative language part of the question and the analysis on my prescribed text was pretty shallow as well.
All in all, im praying everything else carries my mod c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)