English paper 2 - WTF?? (1 Viewer)

Crazy

:D

nope i wasnt surprised with the exam at all...haha wasnt surprised cos i didnt really know anything diff beforehand...like the only exam id seen was my half yearly and trial....hadnt even seen last years exam hahahahahah

so yeah it was all good, nice broad questions...interpret them your own way, add a little twist, beautiful

and with the change paper i actually guessed that they'd stick four texts in....my teacher agreed its possible so we'd been practicing with 4 texts at school! and then using 2 for a 6 mark question...but god saying why the texts should go on the cd, that was ridiculous :)

SgtSlick

SgtSlick@Jenjen

Im from a small-ass school called Wollumbin High

:eek: " help me, im the liitle english smilie" :chainsaw: "die..."

MUHAHAHAHA

Sorry

-SgtSlick :(

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
:eek:

I feel the same as u guys! my assessment mark was 94, and i was soooo counting on english it's the only thing i studied for! waa waa!!!.
Now i have to cram for maths, extension 1 and legal, do u guys sgt and jen do extension??

Hey u know whats cool though?in the AOS i knew that joni mitchell song cos i play it all the time on guitar anyway

i threw in some 'sophisticated' terms in an attempt to up my mark but when i flicked through it they made no sense what so ever....
it's over though, so we should all stop bitchin

Jenjen

YEP I do 4U english!! :(
i do postmodernism for 3U and am so so freaked like crazy that they'll make us do a totally creative one- I'd be so screwed!! haha

I've never heard of your school SgtSlick
But hey thats cool- little schools are cool! I get lost in mine :p
Catch ya!

Jenjen

Settle!

Go somewhere else if you can't stoop so low to try and be nice to people- idiots or not!

PS- thanks for the Handy Hint on what the purpose of an exam is-
i keep like forgetting i'm like such a retard!

SgtSlick

Me an idiot, how did u guess?

Nice call, and by the way as Jenjen already pointed out, knobhead, apart from you needing to fix your grammar, we are aware of what exams are all aboit. But the BOS is required to "...keep students informed as to the layout and style of examination style questions, as proposed in the Specimen papers of each respective exam..."
So again, thanks for help with the definition of an exam.
And for the record, Im only an idiot 2 days a week, you caught me on a good day....

-SgtSlick

katles

I thought the exam was stupid. The Frontline question was so pathetic and the Transformations one was just really poorly worded. The Critical Study (Lear) wasn't too bad. I thought the conversation wasn't too bad. I just hope the extension english exam is better. I think i'll cry if it's really hard...i need my 3 and 4 unit english to cancel out my almost certain fail in maths!!!
:cool: :p :rolleyes:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
"In the English (Standard) Paper 2 and English (Advanced) Paper 2, the questions that require a critical response or an imaginative response may vary from year to year."

"In the English (Standard) Paper 2 and English (Advanced) Paper 2, there can be a single question inclusive of all the prescribed texts within an elective, or questions can be separate and specific for each of the prescribed texts or groups of texts in an elective."

- Specimen Exam, p4

"In your answer you will be assessed on how well you organise, develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form."

- Examination rubric, Paper 2 (all modules)

There was nothing particularly surprising about the exam.

spice girl

magic mirror
It's the second year of the HSC, and looking at the mod A and C questions, they must've ran out of questions to ask already...!

Imagine what next year's questions would be like.

It's an embarassment to all the english-speakers in the world...

SgtSlick

Originally posted by Lazarus
"In the English (Standard) Paper 2 and English (Advanced) Paper 2, the questions that require a critical response or an imaginative response may vary from year to year."

"In the English (Standard) Paper 2 and English (Advanced) Paper 2, there can be a single question inclusive of all the prescribed texts within an elective, or questions can be separate and specific for each of the prescribed texts or groups of texts in an elective."

- Specimen Exam, p4

"In your answer you will be assessed on how well you organise, develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form."

- Examination rubric, Paper 2 (all modules)

There was nothing particularly surprising about the exam.
Well well Laz, thank you I did not realise that clause existed, I do believe that the BOS has covered its ass!! Well damn them to hell even more!!! Dont u ever get sick of being such a smartass Laz? Hehe, just kidding we love, coz u seem always so well informed.

-SgtSlick :(

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Sorry, there's a lot of posts that I have to go through every day so I usually don't take the time to fluff them up and make them sound nice. I apologise for my bluntness.

bubby

paper 2 sucked

well I found out we didn't learn 3/4 of our John Donne topic, Emma/Clueless my teacher said were to be studied as 2 different texts not compared ( I knew this was b/s so I did it the right way to prepare for the HSC, but as a con my assesment makrs went down cause she marked it her way ) and well we didn't really get time to do Julius Ceasar as our "teacher" was organising her holiday to overseas, learing computer courses and buying houses in beverly hills... dumb B!T(H.... :eek: :chainsaw: so I hope I did ok, but I dunno anymore I thought that teachers were supposed to teach, but when I tried to talk to my principle he said I can't do anything anyway... so I guess whats done is done.. fingers crossed all goes well, hope no other schools have to face what our class did, there were a lot of un happy ppl after paper2.

GOOD LUK AND BEST WISHES...
and a word of advice don't reley on "just" your teahcer if you feel something is wrong. :rolleyes:

SgtSlick

listen !meeee! i have no problem with people being condescending....as long as its not directed at ME...so please dont call me bubby :D

anyways u wouldnt have heard of my skool trust !meeee!

SgtSlick

oh sit, how dumb am I, u werent even talking to me! shit, sorry.... disregard above post

:spam:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)