• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English related text? (1 Viewer)

T

trowla17

During my school exams and trials our teacher told us to use 1 related text, but someone said that we need to know 2 (conflicting perspectives and belonging). I checked up on some previous exam papers (2009-2011) and they all said at least one related text, but i dont want to take the risk they might ask for 2 in this year's HSC. Can someone confirm this for me? Hopefully with some back-up info.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You need one related text for each module that uses related texts. Someone will need to confirm, but that means 2-3 related texts in total that you guaranteed need to know.

However, it may also be worth preparing two texts for each module. This is for two reasons: You have a back up in case they ask for two, and you have a second text to utilise in case the question is oddly specific and your first text doesn't work well.

Put you focus in one, but having a second can help.

deswa1

HSC
They can specify up to two texts. They have never specified two in Mod C so that probably won't happen. Two related was last specified in AOS in 08 from memory but that was journeys not belonging. I think you should defs prepare two for AOS and it wouldn't hurt to have at least a general idea of a second for Mod C just in case

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
They can specify up to two texts. They have never specified two in Mod C so that probably won't happen. Two related was last specified in AOS in 08 from memory but that was journeys not belonging. I think you should defs prepare two for AOS and it wouldn't hurt to have at least a general idea of a second for Mod C just in case
I agree. You should have two related texts for Beloning and Conflicting Perspectives, for the sake of being prepared for whatever question they may give.
That being said, I highly doubt they would make us have two related texts. They would probably say "... at least one related text" providing those who are prepared with one to do well and those prepared with two to do well as well.

Do one of your related text in depth, meaning know it well and know quotes and themes. The second related text, try to incorporate it into your prescribed text and know it well (just in case).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Two related was last specified in AOS in 08 from memory but that was journeys not belonging.
In 2008, the question read: "at least one"

This threw a lot of us, as the majority had prepared two, and some three.

2007 I believe specified two as the minimum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)