English speech question HELP! (1 Viewer)

mkv_86

HSC
‘Time changes but human values remain static’
To what extent has this been demonstrated in the comparative study you have undertaken in class? In your response you must refer to at least two key scenes. Comparative study of Hamlet by Shakespeare

I am kinda confused... What should I write about?
My teacher keeps saying "YOU NEED TO BE MORE SPECIFIC". How do I be more specific?

ml125

HSC
How exactly have you addressed the question in your response? – if this is feedback for your own response.

If not, I would try making specific links to the question within your explanations - not simply having a 'generic response.' Make sure the examples you choose are RELEVANT to the question, not simply a desperate attempt to make your textual evidence fit.

mkv_86

HSC
How exactly have you addressed the question in your response? – if this is feedback for your own response.

If not, I would try making specific links to the question within your explanations - not simply having a 'generic response.' Make sure the examples you choose are RELEVANT to the question, not simply a desperate attempt to make your textual evidence fit.
This is my introduction:

Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasises the value and agency of human beings. Every person, society and environment is located in time and is changing through time. Our perceptions of time as past, present and future are also important for social enquiry and action. Through the comparison of the context, values and language of the Hamlet text and film, the values evident in this text shape and reshape the connections between text and context, in relation to time. More specifically the two main values explored in Hamlet is trust and ambition and these values do not change overtime and rather remain static.

Any feedback?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Your addressing of static values despite time changes is dragged out way too long. At most it should be already touched on in the first two sentences.

mkv_86

HSC
Your addressing of static values despite time changes is dragged out way too long. At most it should be already touched on in the first two sentences.
This is my first body paragraph....

Trust is a value explored in Hamlet which means being able to predict what other people will do and what situations will occur. This concept of predictability is a normal part of the human condition to be constantly forecasting ahead. Hamlet’s actions substantiates this statement, because he predicts the perfect time to execute his uncle, Claudius, after his fratricide act. In Act three, Scene three, Hamlet draws his sword in order to stab Claudius who is praying. Hamlet predicts that if he decides to kill Claudius during prayer, he may not receive an intensive punishment afterlife. “To take him in the purging of his soul, when he is fit and seasoned for his passage? No. Up, sword, and know thou a more horrid hent”. In this dialogue, Hamlet enumerates the concept of political distrust, since he questions the supernaturals regarding when he should execute Claudius.The repetition of the possessive pronoun “his”, indicates a sense of guilt, within Claudius, as it refers to his past sinful acts which inevitably makes him guilty in the present. Hamlet’s act of predictability shapes the human values which is reflected during the Elizabethan era, where trust was a value in which people had depended on, in order for political stability.

Feedback plz?

silentk99

HSC
""In Act three, Scene three, Hamlet draws his sword in order to stab Claudius who is praying. Hamlet predicts that if he decides to kill Claudius during prayer, he may not receive an intensive punishment afterlife.""

When the teachers see this they immediately will cut marks for summarising. Dont focus on telling the marker the story focus on analysis.

silentk99

HSC
""Through the comparison of the context, values and language of the Hamlet text and film, the values evident in this text shape and reshape the connections between text and context, in relation to time.""

It seems that you are desperately trying to address the question but it is a bit unclear what you are saying. I think you can improve on finding stronger links to the question

DrMoller

HSC
‘Time changes but human values remain static’
To what extent has this been demonstrated in the comparative study you have undertaken in class? In your response you must refer to at least two key scenes. Comparative study of Hamlet by Shakespeare

I am kinda confused... What should I write about?
My teacher keeps saying "YOU NEED TO BE MORE SPECIFIC". How do I be more specific?
You may have to integrate the analytical synthesis of contextual in conjunction with text and explicitly extract the respective values of the modern day interpretation in reference to the elizabethan era.

mkv_86

HSC
You may have to integrate the analytical synthesis of contextual in conjunction with text and explicitly extract the respective values of the modern day interpretation in reference to the elizabethan era.
is 75 words for the introduction good enough sir? And exactly how many techniques should we enumerate on our speech?

mkv_86

HSC
""In Act three, Scene three, Hamlet draws his sword in order to stab Claudius who is praying. Hamlet predicts that if he decides to kill Claudius during prayer, he may not receive an intensive punishment afterlife.""

When the teachers see this they immediately will cut marks for summarising. Dont focus on telling the marker the story focus on analysis.
Thank you!! This is something I need to work alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)