English Texts (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
I heard that the various english texts align differently, so depending on the difficulty of the text your marks could be scaled down?
I'm probably not using the correct terminology but is something along these lines true ?

We're doing Hamlet, The Fiftieth Gate, Frankenrunner. Does anyone know how these electives do?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I heard that the various english texts align differently, so depending on the difficulty of the text your marks could be scaled down?
I'm probably not using the correct terminology but is something along these lines true ?

We're doing Hamlet, The Fiftieth Gate, Frankenrunner. Does anyone know how these electives do?
I'm fairly certain all the texts are scaled the same.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm fairly certain all the texts are scaled the same.
They are all scaled differently, that's how there is a "Total Weighted Mark". It's hard to say which one scales better than the others but I'm pretty sure Hamlet would do better than Speeches or something like that.

Eg155

HSC
Oh ok, makes sense. Speeches would be a lot easier to analyse too.

HSC
Isn't the weighting more to do with the question and not the text difficulty? Some questions require more insight or a harder to extract from a certain text than others?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't the weighting more to do with the question and not the text difficulty? Some questions require more insight or a harder to extract from a certain text than others?
BOS probably scale based on student's performance in Paper 1 in the Short Response and possibly the creative but I believe it would be based on short response.

It's hard to say what has a larger effect on scaling of a text but I believe both the question and the text will have some effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)