• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English trials? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
im expectin 14/15 for section 1, 14/15 for section 2, 15/15 for section 3

easiest exam of my life. tomorrow should be pretty easy 2

lits01

HSC
wat was with the meat pies as belonging n the mushroomer.. i laughed at them both it made no sense LOL:spzz:

Skriker

HSC
What were your related texts guys? I used Cameron Crowes 2000 movie almost famous :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah our prescribed is 2 poems...don't ask.
But they're by the same person, right?

how the hell did people find the poem hard? i found it, no joke, the second easiest to analyse (after the pie chick)
I know!!! I fucking only read the last stanza and that seemed fine. There were like 10 techniques there. Metaphor, rhyme, symbolism, personification, I don't remember the rest.

hahahah yeah lol i had no idea what the mushroomer was there for
To fuck over the dumber kids.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice choice.
I use the same 2 paragraphs for belonging, Into the World, and Distinctively Visual and I just change whether I use both or which one I use depending on the question and the number of related texts.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha, nice work mate, I pretty much did the same thing here :)
Has it paid off for you?
Because I don't know if it will pay off for me. The assessment on Billy Elliot didn't use a related text and for Distinctively Visual I used another one so I'm worried about tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow everyone..
Cheers cunt, I'm gonna need it.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Has it paid off for you?
Because I don't know if it will pay off for me. The assessment on Billy Elliot didn't use a related text and for Distinctively Visual I used another one so I'm worried about tomorrow.

Cheers cunt, I'm gonna need it.
hahah fuck oath i need it aswell :/

Skriker

HSC
how'd everyone go with the modules:|

Pretty good, wrote a whole booklet for all the modules so 3 pages (Normal A4 size ruled), essays were quite easy to adapt, module C was probably the hardest as it was a complete mind fuck although should do alright because I crammed it the night before and almost remembered everything :)

EDIT: Overall it wasn't too bad except what I find interesting is that I wrote more for module C than I did for B :)

Last edited:

TorMental

HSC
It was heaps easier compared to the other questions which they could have asked us. Like writing in a interview or speech or whatnot. Though, I rushed the conclusion for all of them =\.

jniranjan

HSC
I did Module C first, and I think I did ok in that. My conclusion was rushed though; it was basically a repetiton of the thing we were supposed to talk a bout(how his and mem is formed through selection and purpose" or something like that). Wrote 3.5 pgs(normal A4 ruled). Next I did Pride and Prejudice; talked about Literature and Marriage in both contexts and both texts. It wasn't one of those 'integrated' essays though. Didn't even do a conclusion for this. Wrote 3 pages. Last I did Hamlet. I said one of the ideas was Human nature and talked about that. The question said 'ideas', but I only really talked about one, so I think I might be screwed for this. I don't even remember if I did a conclusion or not for this lol. Wrote 2.5 pages of random points that didn't really 'flow' from pone another. I could barely remember quotes for it.

Here's the best part. Paper 2 isn't even an assessment. YEEEEAAAHHHH BUUDDDDYYYY!!!!!!

x3Reii

HSC
Paper 2 was mothershit but thats because of my poor time management.

Module A: Frank + BR threw me - I don't know why but it took a while to get what the question was saying and to think of textual evidence to support my thesis.
Module B: Speeches are OK
Module C: Julius Caesar was alright as well.

I don't know how I did - I can't say. It was definitely much harder than paper 1. I was pushing for time all through the exam.

dela_

HSC
N/A
I did module C first.. 'purpose and selection' screwed me over a bit.. next was module B and i bullcrapped my way through and then module A had like 25 minutes left.. i think i did okay for cramming night before..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)