English-Writer's Touch? (1 Viewer)

Wendy1122

HSC
N/A
I used to be pretty good at writing. Actually, teachers mostly remembered me as the student who could write well. But now Year 12 is drawing near, and I am completely flipping out. I swear I have lost my touch completely. In class, people dish out lengthy pieces of writing in a matter of minutes and, when read aloud, seem so perfect, leaving a satisfying feeling that accompanies a good piece of writing. I'm so intimidated, I feel like bursting into tears of discomfort and fustration. I just simply cannot let something amazing flow instantly out onto the page like that, though I used to be able to. It truly is slowly killing me, and I even sometimes get mind blanks when asked to instantly write something! Anyways, you're probably tired of my ranting. But the thing is, those who have the 'writers touch' are going to do better in the English part of HSC, right? And can I lose my touch, is that thereotically even possible? Urgh, I'm a mess. Also, and I promise this is the last question, is it bad that when given a question, such as 'why was the crumpled paper described as being like a wounded animal' I sometimes struggle? It's like somewhere deep in inside me I know the answer, but I can't draw it out and translate it onto paper? How could I improve in answering questions similiar to this example? I also tend to misinterpret poems. I'm so worried, insecure and devastated, I feel sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)